Problems with PNW Patch 004 and Bowerman

warwickm

Hello

I have picked up several issues with Bowerman and/or the PNW Patch 004.

I installed both at the same time and am therefore uncertain as to which issue goes where.

I have checked with FTX Central and Patch 004 & Bowerman are installed and all my scenery settings are set as far as possible to the right.

I have also installed the latest library files.

Problems:

1) Using FTX Central: When swapping between regions I get the following error message.

Could not complete operation since file already exists in this path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_14S_elevations_adjustment.

Is this a problem if so how do I fix it?

2) When Landing at W04, Ocean Shores Municipal Airport, I fall through the FTX runway to the original FSX runway

See image below

Posted Image

This is a fairly recent error as I remember landing there without an problems several months back

Again, how do I fix this.

3) Is this bridge correct? It is part of the Bowerman Scenery however I am not sure it should have the supporting trusses and brickwork above the roadway like it is showing at the moment.

Posted Image

4) Did a manual come with Bowerman? As I have been unable to locate one. They normally show up on my desktop or in FTX Central

Apologies for the overlapping queries but as mentioned earlier I am not sure which error goes where.

Regards

Warwick

"..... have checked with FTX Central and Patch 004 & Bowerman are installed and all my scenery settings are set as far as possible to the right." .....

All the settings should conform to the PNW setting in that manual and they are now where near all to the right. (read the PNW manual.) No manual is provided with freeware airports.

After you installed Bowerman did you start FTX Central and click "default" and then back to "North America"? Need to do that too.

Search these forums for the FTX error it is answered at least once a day.

The bridge is located where? As for WO4 I have done touch and goes there with no fall through.

Warwick .. It sounds like you have installed the PNW patch with FTX central set to default.

There is a topic in the FAQ section (link in the Read the FAQ topic) which explains how to fix this.

You then need to cycle to NA and back to default.

The terrain problems you are seeing are almost certainly from the incorrectly installed patch

Sent from my mobile .. words substituted by iPhone at will.

Gents

Thanks for your help.

Problems 1, 3 & 4 sorted and as usual it turned out to be user error & misunderstandings. Apologies for doubting you regarding the bridge.

However whilst trying to sort out the elevation issues at W04 it seems I broke something in FSX/Orbx.

Its too late to get into right now and its been a long day, so I will have a bash at it when I get a chance later this week

Thanks again to both of you for your help

Regards

Warwick

Hi Warwick,

please switch FTXCentral to NA and hit apply, even if you get error messages keep OK'ing them close FTXCentral

go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery and look for files named ADE_FTX_xxx_xxx_elevation_adjustment.OFF

please delete those

switch FTXCentral back to default and hit apply

switch FTXCentral to NA and hit apply, go for a flight and see if the "issue" is solved

Hello Gents,

I am going to reinstall my NA sceneries again as it seems I was a little over zealous in deleting stuff out of my ORBX scenery file.

As a result switching regions to NA via FTX Central does nothing.

Therefore please mark my issues as solved. If any crop up after my reinstall I will start a new thread.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Archived