Invalid file after installing Slower Vehicles LWcfg

wombat

This morning I posted a question on OZx, I have now discovered that the file I am looking for is connected to Slower-Vehicles-LWcfg that

I also installed this morning, now here is my problem, after installing the slower vehicles file I started FSX and got this

Posted Image

I have been able to track these files down in my

C:\FSX\ORBX\Goodies\Slower_Vehicles_LWcfg

C:\FSX\Propdefs\Proplivingworld.xml

I have tried moving these two files (put them on the dexktop) and then restart FSX and I still get the invalid message box pop up.

How can I remove Slower Vehicles file completly?

Or maybe somebody knows how I can delete the LWcfg.xml file as suggested in the invalid box.

I run XP with a completely stock location install of FSX, and that particular file is located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\(Username)\Application Data\FSX.

Do you have hidden files and folder showing? If not google hidden files and folders for directions on how to make them show for WIN7 etc.

Hi spud, thanks for your feedback, I do have all files and folders showing, and when I go to 'username\AppData I get 3 folders Local, LocalLow & Roaming no FSX folder.

I have now found in my FSX folder Livingwater.dll and LWcfg.spb I removed them and FSX would not even start so put those files back in and FSX is now working again but still getting that invalid file box.

I do wish somebody from ORBX would tell me where the Slower_Vecicles_LWcfg file is, I have done a search of my system and cannot find it anywhere, the file was originally a .exe file from ORBX.

thanks for your feedback guys,

I deleted the xml file and now I have no vehicles at all, to be fair to JV he did say no tech support on the page I downloaded it from.

I have FSX on my laptop as well as my new system, its the new system that I put the slower vehicle file on, now if I copy from my laptop the Ground Vehicles file and overwrite them to my new system would that give me back my traffic?

Well, as I said I follow the instructions and it works for me. I guess you should make absolutely sure it was the LWcfg.xml file you deleted, there are some similarly named files in the Appdata and FSX root folders. Hopefully you can do a restore from the Recycle Bin.

Cheers,

Mike

I can't check it right now (at work), but as far as i know it is only compatible with Acceleration (please correct me if i am wrong). The installer however should make a backup from the original xml. So if you delete LWcfg.xml you should look for the backup and rename it. The backup is probably called LWcfg.xml.old or something like that.

Archived