YBCS patch

capt sl

Hi Si,

Although it may not be the reason here, this sort of problem is quite well know, with textures being only partly visible at Dawn and Dusk. It does often depend on the angle at which you are viewing them, and I note that both your screen shots are in spot view. The reason it occurs is often due to the way in which FSX depicts the dawn and dusk graphics. There are no textures specifically for this time of day, textures are either daytime or night. However, FSX achieves the dawn and dusk transitions by using both sets of textures at the same time, simply varying the prominence given to each one to achieve the progression from night to day or vice-verse and this gives rise to some inconsistencies under certain conditions.

Incidentally, this use of textures is also the reason why some people suffer either texture loss, or CTDs at this time of day.

Norman

G'day there,

It appears I must have missed your earlier post on this, apologies for not getting back on that one. The issue you have indicated is indeed an odd one, and was brought to my attention in the development cycle by one of our beta testers. On my own setup, I haven't been able to replicate the issue exactly as you show it, but I have experienced a slight flicker at dusk down near the intersection of taxiway B and rwy 12. I spent a considerable amount of time recently trying to get the bottom of the issue, it indicates a possible Z-bias issue due to vertices being at incorrect heights (even by miniscule amounts), or an incorrect layer number associated with any of the taxiway bgl files. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to the bottom of it, and the fact I can't always replicate the issue (ie, it never seems to replicate itself the same way each time!) is making it a little more difficult. I'll keep tinkering on it as I develop Anacortes, and will be sure to let you know if there are any major updates.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived