Any plans for CYLW and CYCG?

Airlifter

Hi,

I am considering buying the Simware renditions of Castlegar CYCG and Kelowna CYLW. They seem pretty decent and from what I understand, they're compatible with NRM.

However, I would much more like an OrbX made version of those airports.

Can you please tell me if there are any plans to create them? If yes, I'll hold off on buying the Simware scenery.

Best regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

sorry, no plans for stand-alone Castlegar or Kelowna products at this point. While we'd love to do some Canadian airports (and are looking into several options) the lack of high-resolution airphotos that don't cost three arms and five legs makes it very difficult for us.

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

I am considering buying the Simware renditions of Castlegar CYCG and Kelowna CYLW. They seem pretty decent and from what I understand, they're compatible with NRM.

However, I would much more like an OrbX made version of those airports.

Can you please tell me if there are any plans to create them? If yes, I'll hold off on buying the Simware scenery.

Best regards,

Frank

I bought both and they are lovely additions on top of Orbx scenery. Excellent detail. If I recall you have to buy the Halifax base scenery first so that you get the objects which are used in those two sceneries. If you get picky the vehicles in the parking lots are not the best, however, if you have instant scenery you can beef up some aspects with other objects.

Halifax is a superb airport although it really works my computer some because the detail is emmense.

Hi Frank,

sorry, no plans for stand-alone Castlegar or Kelowna products at this point. While we'd love to do some Canadian airports (and are looking into several options) the lack of high-resolution airphotos that don't cost three arms and five legs makes it very difficult for us.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the response. I was a bit afraid of that already... There are hardly any high quality photo-realistic Canadian airports for FSX. Guess the lack of useable airphotos will be (partly) a large reason for that...

I bought both and they are lovely additions on top of Orbx scenery. Excellent detail. If I recall you have to buy the Halifax base scenery first so that you get the objects which are used in those two sceneries. If you get picky the vehicles in the parking lots are not the best, however, if you have instant scenery you can beef up some aspects with other objects.

Halifax is a superb airport although it really works my computer some because the detail is emmense.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks. Combined with the response from Holger, makes an easy decision for me. I'll go ahead and buy it.

Regards,

Frank

Archived