FTX Plus a little bit of REX = Magic

JoseCFII

Nice pictures. But I think that most Rex dawn/dusk themes have way too much colour to really look realistic. Lots of REX OD themes look more like impressionistic paintings. Took me a while to find some really realistic themes. This video shows an excellent sky example in my opinion.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJUP9jOlthI". Small stripe of colour at the horizon and above soft blue.

Don't get me wrong, as I really like almost all the stuff that REX brought fsx. Clouds, coral reefes and especially OD wave animations are fantastic. But most dawn and dusk themes are showing exaggerated colours. Yes maybe it depends on where you live or just the condition of the atmosphere. Simplyfied: Deep blue sky=low moisture, good visibilty, cold. Milky white sky=high moisture, hazy, warm. Vibrant colours (dusk/dawn) can occure due to massive pollution, volcanic eruption or maybe sand storms. There need to be lots of particles/aerosoles in the atmosphere and significant amount of long-wave light to get such an intensive play of colours. Blue light with shorter wave length creates more scattering than red light and is therefore much more common.

But, the video you've linked to on You Tube isn't REX, the author states - ''I am using Flight enviornment and the weather theme is a freeware named Koorbyclouds and it does indeed give a realistic look to the atmosphere.''

So, you can't really compare REX2 for FSX with Flight Environment for FS2004 and it's freeware packages, they are 2 totally different modules, even though the effects are very good, any tweaking of content can give excellent results.

Cheerz. Transport Steve.

Archived