How is the A2A B17 on Frames?

wolfko

I consider to buy the A2A B17 (without the Accusim package). Since my system is rather weak, I'd like to clear up before buying what impact this plane has on performance.

Thanks in advance for your views.

Wolfgang

First I recommend to buy the B-17 only with the AccuSim package. The fun and challenge comes with accusim and not without. Second, the complexity of the plane has some influence on the frames but they were not to heavy on my rather old system.

First I recommend to buy the B-17 only with the AccuSim package. The fun and challenge comes with accusim and not without. Second, the complexity of the plane has some influence on the frames but they were not to heavy on my rather old system.

What he said. +1

its really not to bad on the FPS, not like some of the big names in addons, its not quite as light as the default aircraft but its way better then most addons I have.

Sitting at YBBN im getting 50+ fps on my system where as a normal addon like the J41 would struggle above 25fps in the same spot.

As for accusim I can tell you that there is no change at all in the FPS if its installed or not. What you do get with the Accusim pack is a living breathing aircraft that will need tender loving care flight after flight otherwise it will accumulate wear and parts might fail. I Have well over 20 hours flying time and have not needed to even top up the oil, but If I was hard on the aircraft it would wear out faster.

I love that flights are logged automaticaly and the aircraft is as you left it the last flight :-X Even simple things like the 3 batteries will and can wear out and need replacing =).

I agree with this 100%. My system specs are in my sig, and that computer ran the B-17 with no problems whatsoever. The computer is broken now, but the specs were way below yours, mostly, and I loved this plane. Got pretty much average FPS for my system, high teens, low twenties with ORBX, and high twenties, low thirties with default scenery. It really gave no problems at all, and everything worked perfectly. Don't know what it will be like to fly without accusim, I've never bought an A2A product without accusim if it had it.

Archived