Stratocruiser - Inaugural Flight

After the announcement of the "Captain of the Ship" add-on there was no excuse anymore and I had to get A2A's B377 Stratocruiser, with Accu-sim of course. I gotta say I should have done it sooner. Even though one has to continuously switch between the pilot's seat and the flight engineer's position it's just as manageable as the B-17. The workload is a bit high during and after the take-off phase but that can be alleviated with the realistic autopilot that maintains the current heading and pitch at the simple press of a button (it also has Altitude Hold). While the Stratocruiser shows its age in the graphics department (it's their first Accu-sim aircraft and about 3 years old) it's definitely still looking very nice. Money well spent, I'd say.

Here are some screenshots of my first flight, which (thanks to my experience with the B-17) went without incident. The flight took me from Vernon (CYVK) to Terrace (CYXT).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love the B377, and the exterior is one of the best I've seen, the inside is very nice also, I enjoy flying it but find the six foot by six foot engineers panel a little confronting and perhaps bewildering, so cant wait for Captain pack as it will make this the 'perfect aircraft'

Thanks guys!

this addon to the B377 does all the actions like a crew or is it still to the virtual pilot to do all the procedures ,

From what I've gathered from the manual chapter that they released it will have a talking flight engineer that can take over the complete engine panel operation (cowl flaps, intercoolers, carb heat, pressurization, oil management etc.) so one can stay in the left seat and take care of just flying the 377. It will also have the Cub's Heidi as a stewardess, intelligent passengers that will react to the weather and how the aircraft is being handled and a career mode that keeps track of the pilot's performance. It also adds a bit more system modelling (oil pressure loss, friction heat, pressurization failures) and Captain announcements, also depending on the weather conditions etc. There is some other stuff but these are the major changes.

Archived