PNW installation error

yancovitch

orbx seems to have installed...but....i got this message at the end.....windows cannot find D:fsx Orbx/Scripts/FTX Central/ftx central exe....make sure you typed the name correctly then try again.........???...thanks, vic

Hi Vic,

I've moved the topic to the payware support forum and also made your title a bit more descriptive.

Is this the first time you've installed PNW or is this on a new PC or operating system?

Have you checked whether FTX Central.exe exists in the folder given?

Cheers, Holger

hi holger...hope you're well and happy.....sorry i'm just a musician and although my heart is in the right place, my brain is marginally dysfunctional.....this the second effort to install ftx...i accidentally removed fsx etc., while trying to install a backup program i just purchased.....trial and error is the only way i seem to learn....or not learn :D ............ftx installed in fsx under orbx in which there are four files

ftx_au...ftx_na....scripts...user documents.....ftx central, aside from the shortcut, is in scripts.......should it be ok in spite of the notice?

...sure hope the new van+ will become a reality....

Hi Vic,

can you start FTX Central then, either directly from \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe or through the Windows Start Menu: Programs > ORBX > FTX Central ? If yes then you should be OK.

Also, dont forget to update PNW to the current service pack (3/3a) as well as installing the latest ORBX libraries, both available for download on http://fullterrain.com/support.html

Cheers, Holger

I have the same kind of problem as Vic. As an 80 yr old musician and PC novice I bought FTX SP4 and installed it with no troubles. With it,the ORBx freeware: OZxV3.3 disc.After browsing the forums (for clarification of the instructions re installation of the latter) I downloaded the Helger web easily and was ready to install all the files, in sequence. The very first one, tried 3 times before giving up, raised the message: "Cannot create the following file:

C\Program files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Simulator X\OZx\OZx_AUS\Scenery\cam_abilbah_PLC$$A (I hope I got that right). You will have to run this utility again to completely instal OZx Aus...Air.......v3.0 part 1"

The NEXT led me only to EXIT the installation Wizard.

Please help me get to fly to the places after a correct installation. ( Having read a similar story here,yes I do have FTXCentral in the scripts folder).

Irvine

Hi Irvine, welcome to the forums

Your question relates to OZx, so it would be better posted on the OZx website http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/34-ozx-support-forum/

For any ORBX payware support you will need to add your purchase number/s to your forum signature or post, more info is found here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-to-your-sig-for-support/

Cheers

Tim

oh....in the scenery library, where do i place... 2s1, kors, library, and van +?..in which order?

and,

believe it or not i still don't know how to start on kors orcas island for example...

thanks, again....vc

• 2 months later...

Good day! I beg your pardon! I have the same problem as described above, the icon on the desktop will not appear when FTX AUSP4, which bought flightsimstore. It is not clear why the installation does not appear the window where vstovlyaetsya serial number. Installation is as if a free product. Before I ASP4 FTX FTX was ASP3 I deleted it. Sorry for bad English. СпаÑибо.

Archived