Workhorse

Mark Abdey

Excuse me Sir, Would you mind pulling over to the curb. You flew a little too close to that tower and now I must give you a ticket.  :P

Catch me if you can  :D

Flying at a safe distance from solid objects is for wimps  ;D

I love the look of this plane, its so uniquely European - so different from the US designs. I love those screens as well, as John said beautiful crisp and clear.

Do you mind sharing the res and aa settings?

Cheers,

Butch

Just went and bought this from the flightsim store and I gotta say, it is one hell of an aircraft!  I LOVE it!  Could not believe my eyes when I was on the takeoff roll and bugs were hitting the windshield....... Thanks for the heads up Redline!  ;)  Now, Butch, can we get an aussie skinf for this 'lil beauty?  haha  ;D

I heard that the Do-27 had problems with the prop texture not showing up properly in FSX. Have they fixed that now? I can't see it in the screenshots.

Cheers,

Noel.

Yep, there are a couple of fixes for the Dora on the Digital Aviation site, I have no problems with the prop at all in Acceleration...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you for the comments all  :)

There are some issues with the Do-27 with SP2, but they are not show stoppers. The prop does hide behind clouds, from external views - the compass has some slight glitching, and it is heavier on the frame rate than pure FSX SP2 models, but it has so much going for it I really don't mind.

Butch My settings are a real mix, my PC is getting-on a little [X2 2.6ghz - 2gb RAM - 8800GT], so I compromise with fairly low traffic and autogen [with max_trees/buildings_per_cell = 800 / 1600].

I'm running at 1650x1050, with AA 8xS - 16xAF using nHancer.

These setting give me good visuals and great performance in the bush, and means I can fly into cities with good fps without changing settings...this is also using the 4096 FEX clouds.

Posted Image

Well, after a few hours buzzing farms around Georgetown, here is the result.....

Posted Image

Back at the hangar with the mechanic tearing strips off me for a) stuffing the engine, B) developing a serious oil leak, c) breaking the transponder, and d) not only jamming the flaps but damaging them as well by forgetting that i'm not supposed to open the side door while they are down....  Bert won't speak to me now and he says I won't be able to fly again for a day or two as parts for the Lycoming are hard to get in Tassie... I think he's just jealous myself.... ;)

I LOVE the Dora.

I also raced out and got her, wow, this plane is magic, lot of learning to do, can't even take of without reading the manual, it shakes , it rattles, and eventually it rolls, and all those sounds. realism +++, will be my choice for short hops for awhile.

Hey Biscuit Chucker,

Checked on CASA web site, only 13 Dorniers and no Do-27 types that I could see! I have a book at home (must be 20 years old) and there was 1 on the Aus register, commercial promo paint (can't remember what), but it did look nice!

The '27 is fab, especially for VFR, but it has to share time with so many others!

Archived