What about a FTX Florida

Since I am possessing quite a few sceneries from Orbx, I realized that I started developing backward into a hunter and gatherer collecting almost everything from Orbx. Therefore I a want to ask if there is a possibility if we could someday see something like a FTX Florida. I know that they concentrate on developing one cohesive aera consisting of several products, but maybe Florida would also work as it is a little bit like a peninsula. Although there are no mountains making the scenery spectacular it could be quite a lovely scenery with complex water bodies, sandy beaches, yacht habors, Everglades, the Florida Keys, mangroves,... 8)

Now that would be nice and Im sure that one day Orbx will get round to this region. Though Id imagine it would be sometime yet before we see this.

Also alot of Orbx's efforts are hampered by pitaters,hackers, crackers or whatever you wanna call them of their products. If this minority never existed, we would probably be seeing Florida being developed by now or at least near to it. :)

I'm new around here and am about to purchase my first ORBX product (PNW - I'm currently using the PNW demo), but I would definitely purchase an FTX Florida.

In a couple of months I am going to build a new machine solely for FSX and hopefully purchase all of the FTX NA scenery and airports (over time of course for the sake of my marriage).

With the way Orbx keeps pushing the envelope with each of their releases, I would have no doubt that we will one day see a entire world covered by the "world class" Orbx touch! Now that would be something...that will be the day. I think the above statement in regards to hackers being a hindrance to the moving forward process (as for pretty much any software developer for that matter) is absolutely correct. This Orbx world domination (I am positive we will see this eventually) would no doubt be here sooner than later if they didn't have to constantly combat with a community of people who would rather steal something and make everyone (including the person doing the stealing) suffer as a result instead of help the future of that particular developer, and community as a whole for that matter (as is well documented in these forums for instance, like the open letter to pirates). I know you'll love any Orbx purchase you end up making. I do, and am now a full blown FTX fanatic (like many here). I even had the demo like yourself, but knew that I would love it so much that I never even used it. I just decided that enough was enough and it was about time I actually enjoyed what I was looking at while I was flying around. Welcome to the Orbx family and enjoy that new purchase! :D

Florida would be GREAT!!!!

In fact that is the one region I would actually be pretty excited about getting since I love flying and vacation there. Of course its my luck that more regions than I dont need or care for will get done prior to Florida, but I will be first in line for it when it's available. Heck I might actuall pre-pay for that region and I never pre-pay for products.

Hey, Peter

lake Tahoe is included in NorCal (NCA) due out later this year. I don't know about photorealistic versions of KTVL and KSLT but I'm already pretty much done with the default versions.

Cheers, Neil (the NCA airport guy)

Thanks. Yeah, the defaults are pretty bad. In August, the new terminal their buildingat Truckee is supposed to be done, so I can take soem pictures while I'm there for the Lake Tahoe Concours d'Elegance my other favorites, wooden boats!

Archived