Help! Window mode crashes in FSX

Sniper31

Okay, for some reason, now, when I load up a flight, I am in full screen mode. I then hit Alt-Ent like I have done many times in the past to got to window mode, so I can open up some instrument views, undock them and move them to my second monitor. I have done this routine ever since having FSX. Now, when I hit Alt-Ent, instead of getting a window view, I get a full screen of nothing but black that I cannot get rid of, nor can I do anything else. Anyone have any ideas?

John,

Thanks for the quick reply, but no, I have not done that lately. The drivers I am running have been working flawlessly. The only recent changes with my system were:

1) I upgraded my version of Captain Sim C-130X from 1.0 to 1.1 (exactly as per thier instructions, ie I uninstalled v 1.0 first then installed 1.1 after a system reboot)

2) I switched my system from SLI mode to Non-SLI mode, which I do all the time without issue.

I am baffled by the problem...

Do you use DX10 mode ? if so, change to DX9 and try again. If you use DX9, try it in DX10 mode. That's usually a video driver bug when windowed/full screen switching doesn't work. Which driver do you use ?

And when you right click you desktop -> personalize -> display settings, does it show your second monitor at the correct position and size (and enabled of course) ?

Archived