Spokane (GEG) to Seattle (SEA)

Hi all...

A few more shots... This time on a flight from Spokane to Seattle. Some of these shots show the clear difference and border between FTX and the surrounding FSX world... I have GEX and UTX also so the difference is not quite as dramatic as it would be with default FSX terrain, but it's clear enough.

In any case, it was an awesome flight and shows the huge diversity of terrain and features in Washington... Forrests, Mountains, Plains, Canyons, Desserts... WA has it all.

Before the main feature though, here's a few of Vashon Island...

Enjoy!

Posted Image

Short final to Vashon... Nasty crosswind going on too.

Posted Image

Taxiing back to the runway...

Posted Image

Brakes - Hold, Prop - Forward, Mixture - Rich, Throttle - Full, Brakes - Release... A proper Short field technique required here!

Posted Image

Climbing out... Those trees get VERY close...

Posted Image

Going off to explore... That's Seattle over the water.

Posted Image

Vashon Island...

And now the main event...

Posted Image

On the ground at Spokane...

Posted Image

Climbing out...

Posted Image

Tracking the centerline...

Posted Image

What FTX does for the ground, REX does for the air... Breath taking some of the cloud formations that you get using real world weather...

Posted Image

And some more... Good job I have my instrument rating!

Posted Image

Even at 11,000 feet you still get some sublime details that bring everything to life...

Posted Image

The town of Odessa... This shot also shows the boundary between the FTX and (in my case) GEX textures...

Posted Image

Moses Lake and Clark County Airport...

Posted Image

Ephrata...

Posted Image

Just north of Ephrata... A beautiful looking canyon containing Lake Lenore and Blue Lake.

Posted Image

Finally get to the foothills of the Cascades!

Posted Image

Wenatchee and the Columbia River (Can't wait till I get to fly the Columbia's entire length, past my back yard in Richland WA... Hint Hint!)

Posted Image

Big difference in the scenery from Spokane! This is the Columbia again as it snakes along the base of the Cascades...

Posted Image

Forests to the left of me...

Posted Image

Snow to the right, here I am... (Seriously... EVERY type of terrain know to man is right there in Washington!)

Posted Image

This guy always seems to know when I'm taking a photo... Poser...

Posted Image

No words... Simply stunning...

Posted Image

Some pictures say a MILLION words...

Posted Image

Mount Ranier...

Sadly, at this point, FSX froze and gave me a "critical failure" error message... :angry: I was only 15 minutes out too!

Still, I had a blast on the way as far as I got... Hope you enjoyed the show!

Those shots could be improved by installing the ENBSeries plugin - I have the files here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/20084-johns-enb-series-ini-file/

Just download the last two files in that post and copy them into your FSX root folder and enjoy the magic :)

Actually I did install the ENBSeries plugin... It did make a huge difference. Thanks to all involved for finding it and to you John for tweaking the settings!

Really beautiful pics of one of my favorite cross-country flights. A high speed plane like

the SF260 makes this type of flight more feasible in one session. I wish there was a

faster counterpart to the Scout or Maule. (Tried the C-185 but didn't like its

restricted visibility.)

Archived