Mountains of PNW - part 2

To continue my theme, these next shots depict Mt. St Helens, an active stratovolcano located in Skamania County, Washington State, and the aftermath of muddy debris that's flowed down towards Spirit Lake after it's famous eruption in 1980.

I like the active plume of steam.....

Cheerz. Transport Steve.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great shots! I remember a few years back when that new dome began to form in the center of the caldera. For a while, we all thought we were about to see another huge eruption. Most mornings, I walk my dogs up to the top of Mt. Tabor (a much, much smaller volcano in my neighborhood that's now a city park)... from the top, you can clearly see Mt. St. Helens - in fact, it looks like it's just across the river, although it's considerably farther away than that in reality. If this sucker ever blows, I know where I'm going for a good seat!

Very nice serie of shots of excellent done scenery by ORBX-FTX of this volcanic ridge of mountains. I like especially the shot before the last one

that shows 2 other giants: I suppose MtRenier at left and MtAdams at right. I'm looking forward for posting part 3, 4, ...

@ Bill,

Having travelled around much of North America, I've become quite envious of those who reside near mountains and volcanoes, as you obviously get to see then in the different seasons, unlike us Europeans, who live in big, bustling, concrete cities all the time, pahhhhhh.

Cheerz. Steve.

@ Bill,

Having travelled around much of North America, I've become quite envious of those who reside near mountains and volcanoes, as you obviously get to see then in the different seasons, unlike us Europeans, who live in big, bustling, concrete cities all the time, pahhhhhh.

Cheerz. Steve.

I've enjoyed your "big, bustling concrete cities" too, Steve. I guess you always enjoy a vista that's different from your own. Having grown up in a flat, flat place, I really enjoy living around mountains. It'd be hard to go back to flat at this point.

Great series, living in Western Australia, there's not too much in the way of elevations here :lol:

Looking forward to seeing it in real life one day,

Cheers and thanks for sharing

Great pics :)

Compared to my pics of Mt. St. Helens which are made earlier in this year I am amazed how much the look changes with less snow and ice. I definitly have to got to Mt. St. Helen again.

Keep on going with the next series of mountains. I always enjoy them.

Also I love to fly in mountain regions as I live in a totally flat region (we have a hill here approximately 500 metres over sea level and it is called mountain. There you can see how flat this area is ;) ). So I am thankful for every lead to amazing areas for sightseeing in PNW :)

Archived