How wunderful life is when your in the world.

what a beautiful word...we should be on 2500 ft( up listening...good music)

dig that screens,...anyway i dig 99.99% of ure screens..., so where is the 00.01% of that screen...

just joking...continue to play ure screens all...

& welcome to our world.. ;D

Ian:

Thanks for the lead on the repaint. Definitely something A2A J3 owners will want.

I'm a little confused on the route to the A2A config file. Where would find the config file?

What I see:

Program Files (x86)>Microsoft Games>Microsoft Flight SimulatorX> A2A> PiperJ3 >????

Is it saying we paste the text into one of these files?

Text: wj3

Text: wj3a

Hello mate, try this.

Program files then Microsoft Games then Microsoft FlightSim x then SimObjects then Airplanes then A2A Piper j3 then Copy and Paste the texture. weige folder here then go down the list to aircraft CFG File open this and copy and paste the text from the read me here. Remember to change the xx to the next number down

cheers

Iain

Hello mate, try this.

Program files then Microsoft Games then Microsoft FlightSim x then SimObjects then Airplanes then A2A Piper j3 then Copy and Paste the texture. weige folder here then go down the list to aircraft CFG File open this and copy and paste the text from the read me here. Remember to change the xx to the next number down

cheers

Iain

This was a huge help, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I did run into a minor issue in editing and saving .cfg files. This appears to be a common problem, and I read many suggestions on various forums, none of which worked for me. In the end, I solved it this way (just in case others reading this forum are experiencing similar issues). Incidentally, I'm running Windows 7:

• backup the original .cfg file just in case you need to go back to where you started;
  • go to All Programs/Accessories, then right click on WordPad, select open as Administrator;
  • in WordPad (you can use almost any text editor for this) select Open and select the .cfg file you wish to edit;
  • make your changes, then Save As, Other Formats. This should save the file as a .cfg (assuming of course that the file you're editing is a .cfg file).

This was a huge help, and I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I did run into a minor issue in editing and saving .cfg files. This appears to be a common problem, and I read many suggestions on various forums, none of which worked for me. In the end, I solved it this way (just in case others reading this forum are experiencing similar issues). Incidentally, I'm running Windows 7:

• backup the original .cfg file just in case you need to go back to where you started;
  • go to All Programs/Accessories, then right click on WordPad, select open as Administrator;
  • in WordPad (you can use almost any text editor for this) select Open and select the .cfg file you wish to edit;
  • make your changes, then Save As, Other Formats. This should save the file as a .cfg (assuming of course that the file you're editing is a .cfg file).
And, away we go (outbound from KORS). I forgot just how much I enjoy this J3. Thanks again for the lead on the repaint.

Posted Image

Archived