Perth WA

Ticker7

Hi Guys I am a big fan of ORBX products and have all of them but was just curious if there are any plans to do Perth and surrounds in the future ? I know we have Jandakot but it would be nice to have the city and Freo and maybe even Rotto too ??

either way keep up the brilliant work guys I love it.

im also hoping in the future they do these regions too being from perth my self,but we know Orbx is very busy with many other projects and to provide the awesome product and details in the screnery we already own,it takes a lot of there time so :)

Hi All

In addition to this i have often wondered why Freo ports has not been done. Seems a little odd flying over a big white patch. I think some scenery has existed before for it but maybe not for FSX. Anyone have any news on it? To a lesser extent, Hillarys, further up the coast needs similar treatment. It would be great to see these done one day.

Regards

Si

As a former New South Wales-man, I didn't really think much into WA scenery but after living here for a year and seeing how beautiful the state is CBD and Industrial port area's included (im regular visitor to the Little creatures brewery on a Sunday afternoon in Freeo).. And I haven't even touched on what there is up north with Jurien bay and Kunannura, Exmouth.. I really could go on and on lol

I seems its like we get left far behined with scenery.. (not really anyones fault just I dont think that WA poducts would sell to well on a international scale, i personally never brought any PNW products simply because I have no desire to fly there as I cant relate what I see in the sim compared to real life memories of flying in and around Australia)

Answer: - http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-32.042277,115.748906&z=15&t=k&nmd=20110314

We have plans to do a bunch of WA stuff, and now that imagery is available via Nearmap we can begin to think about some projects. Jarrad is keen to do Rotto, for which he has the models for already. I'd also like to see CityScape Perth done, but that's a massive project. We can probably do the Freo port area pretty quickly as freeware (more about that front later).

Answer: - http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-32.042277,115.748906&z=15&t=k&nmd=20110314

We have plans to do a bunch of WA stuff, and now that imagery is available via Nearmap we can begin to think about some projects. Jarrad is keen to do Rotto, for which he has the models for already. I'd also like to see CityScape Perth done, but that's a massive project. We can probably do the Freo port area pretty quickly as freeware (more about that front later).

After having a look at Nearmap's link, it makes no doubt for me that the quality should be great !

As i'm not from Australia (NO ? no...) i don't really know about WA area, in Europe, we are more informed (if i could say that ;) ) about Canberra, Sydney or Melbourne...

Very nice city there with the port and a nice beach, is it like Miami ?

Would you guys ever do Perth Intl.?

Very nice city there with the port and a nice beach, is it like Miami ?

Think the complete opposite of Miami and that nots even close to what its like around freemantle...

Freeo to me has the mix of "The Rocks" (for the looks ie cobble stone roadways and heritage sandstone buildings) in Sydney and the great market/pub atmosphere of markets and pubs in Melbourne

Nice to know John. Good to see we are still on the ORBX map over here. Rotto's a nice surprise you mention so hopefully that will happen some time. But Freo ports as freeware would make me happy :) .

Incidently, South of Fremantle at Henderson Industrial area we have cross country traffic. It was there prior to SP4 patch too. Infact vehicles are driving over the industrial area, completely ignoring the roads :blink: .

Here are the Coordinates

32 09 19 S

115 46 21 E

Si

Would just like to thank Orbx and OZx for the WA efforts to date; although I have not been to that side of the country (yet!) I can "virtual" visit anytime! I love heading east out from Jandakot to Cunderdin or Beverly, or perhaps down to Narrogin or Wagin.

The OZx wheat silos also add a fantastic element when I use the actual VNC for some VFR flying!

Perth Int is a long way from finished Im sorry. Much as I would love it to be already done. I'm currently sitting in the office and I can see the flight path out to the south east for approach to Perth RWY 03. Im also lucky enough to be sitting right under the flight path for many planes coming down from the north right over the CBD coming into either Jandakot 24 or Perth 03. Quite often its the RFDS PC-12.

Hi all

I downloaded two files from http://www.flightsim.com by David Sheridan which is photoreal scenery for Perth. The files are called perthfsx1.zip and perthfx2.zip.

As it is photoreal, it is accurate and enables you to fly around Perth using landmarks. It is certainly better than the default offering from Microsoft and will do until Orbx do their thing. Give it a try.

Cheers

Bernie

Hi all

I downloaded two files from http://www.flightsim.com by David Sheridan which is photoreal scenery for Perth. The files are called perthfsx1.zip and perthfx2.zip.

As it is photoreal, it is accurate and enables you to fly around Perth using landmarks. It is certainly better than the default offering from Microsoft and will do until Orbx do their thing. Give it a try.

Cheers

Bernie

Hi Bernie

Do these files have any conflict with the Orbx Jandakot scenery? Is it also worth trying it compared to what FTX does,apart from being photoreal? Thanks for the HU anyway.

Regards

Si

Archived