BOB accerlation

Hi,

I just bought Walter Sutton Airfield during your 19$ special offer this week and this scenery is so amazing!!!

I picked up BOB to take a closer look at this detailed airstrip.

But I had to stop all over the time because there is too much to see...

And when BOB is stopped, he needs lots of time to accerlate to a speed which you can walk with and which you can turn with (because if BOB is very slow, he can't turn).

Is it possible to program a higher accerlation to BOB?

Thanks,

Felix

No, I think BOB hasn't got a tailwheel that you can lock and unlock. It's like a Cessna 172 or so...

And it's not only my problem, it's a general "problem" BOB is able to turn, when he his faster than 1 knot, but this was not the cause, I posted here.

It is the low accerlation of BOB when you explore a scenery and stop. When you want to move on, the accerlation is too litle I think. All in all BOB is a bit too less flexible. So I thought, there could be maybe an update? The BOB.air file is the file with the "flight" (walking-) model, but I don't know how to edit such a file.

I believe that Bob is the way he is so that he was usable. The slow acceleration is due to the fact that if you put Bob's throttle to 100% you are quickly screaming through the scenery.

When I am perusing using Bob as my beta-testing vehicle I use about 50% throttle to start moving and then quickly back it down to move at a snails pace. It works quite well for me that way.

Yes many an hour was spent by many to see if the FSX air file could be tweaked to provide a more pedestrian type experience but sadly none could achieve more than what you have. At one stage I had a version that would accelerate quickly and not go too fast but it would only work in calm air.

I often go into slew mode with Bob when I want to be more agile on the ground, which means the movements are a lot more touchy but also I can zip around and turn on a dime.

Yes many an hour was spent by many to see if the FSX air file could be tweaked to provide a more pedestrian type experience but sadly none could achieve more than what you have. At one stage I had a version that would accelerate quickly and not go too fast but it would only work in calm air.

I often go into slew mode with Bob when I want to be more agile on the ground, which means the movements are a lot more touchy but also I can zip around and turn on a dime.

The only problem with using the slew mode - which I do quite often for sight seeing - is that you loose the audio that's been added. At least with Bob (not in slew mode) the audio is great - just like being there.

Archived