Painted Sunset

G'day all,

Following my recent trend for screenshots, I've been messing around with some different artistic effects. To this end, I've tried my hand at producing a painted equivalent of one of my older screenies. Have a look and tell me what you think!!

Posted Image

I've produced this pic using an online art package by the (rather pretentious) name of psykopaint, which can be found here. It is essentially a really advanced smudge tool that you can apply to existing pics, but you need to apply it with various "brushes" to achieve the look of painted brush strokes. For comparison, here's the original...

Posted Image

Hope you like, I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea though :P

Cheers,

Derek

EDIT: Oops, just realised that the pic is actually a sunrise... wrong side of Australia for a sunset over land :P

Hi Derek,

I have to say that the original shot is far better than the edited ..... but that is just my opinion.

The paint effect overpowers a very subtle and beautiful shot.

A nice idea ........ but as you say not everyones cup of tea.

I like them both too as the first one offers a unique view and perspective at generating and editing screenshots in general - and shown together then it´s really interesting to see how a native screenshot becomes something really very different, if some brushes are being added!

I'm an abstract artist, I use mostly acrylics, some watercolors and the occasional pastel.

very nice, I would say it leans a bit toward a medium oil based pastel.

I'd say it leans more towards "I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but here we go anyway" :lol:

Cheers,

Derek

Archived