New Australian repaint for the Nemeth EC-135!

solareagle

Great repaint, please let us know when this hits Avsim, I am about a day or so off the new repaint John mentioned, views of it will be up to him, but let me say it looks pretty nice, I think those who like this helo will enjoy it.

Cheers

AC

Hey Aussiecop?

I have been looking at this helicopter for some time, and was curious what type of FPS you get with this compared to some of the other default helicopters? thanks

Awesome looking paints!

For promotional / marketing reasons I think it would be a good time for ORBX to come up with a company schemes. Of course this is would only be appropriate if development of a scheme/s does not delay any pending projects.  ;D

We are in mid July, it must be getting pretty close........to AU Green........... come on John and team cough it up!

Hehehe...

Butch 

Hey guys,

Nice paint work on the eurocopter, like gwolb i have been on the fence about purchasing this one? what are the comparable fps? does it handle well? is the VC nice? normally i would not be so picky but £20 is a lot for one aircraft! i dont want to be in the possition after buying it where i say to myself....."pitty, i could of had a monster curry for £20"

So i am hoping one of you existing EC-135 owners can give me (and gwolb) some direction? either way i am not fussed coz i could really do with a curry at the weekend  ;D (as i sit back and wait for the...."typical pommie".....comment's!)

Cheers,

Russ.

Awesome looking paints!

For promotional / marketing reasons I think it would be a good time for ORBX to come up with a company schemes. Of course this is would only be appropriate if development of a scheme/s does not delay any pending projects.  ;D

We are in mid July, it must be getting pretty close........to AU Green........... come on John and team cough it up!

Hehehe...

Butch 

Butch,

The Orbx paint on the EC-135 was designed by Koorby, I just painted his idea, so more or less this one is a "company scheme" for Orbx.  As far as performance, I have flown both the EC120 and E135 in RL and have both versions in FS from Nemeth payware, I immensly enjoyed the EC-120 in FS9 before the release of the EC135 for FSX, when I am not flying a vasar mission in another helo, that is pretty much what I use for day to day puddlee jumping, as far as FPS hits, I havent noticed any, but I would say that is probably system specific, maybe someone with a lesser system that has it could chime in.

Thanks for the info Aussie, just was curious since I have the Aerosoft UH-60 Seahawk, and it takes a good fps hit on my system.  Lets say the default bell gets 19.5 locked at 20fps, the UH-60 gets about 15fps.  I was just looking for that type of comparison.  But since the EC-135 looks to be one of the most popular helicopter out there, and did not see any forum post about any FPS issues on the product forum site, would think that it would have been mentioned if it was an issue.  Thanks for the info, and these repaints look great.

Hey all

Just want to drop by and let you know that solareagle gave me a heads up & i've fixed the logo issue

I Have posted a fix to both AVsim and FSW just waitting for it to pop up in there libraries

But for those who dont want to wait heres a Rapidshare LINK for the fix

Thanks to both Filler & solareagle for bringing this to my attention and thanks to everyone for there feedback

All the best

Gizmo

Hey guys,

Nice paint work on the eurocopter, like gwolb i have been on the fence about purchasing this one? what are the comparable fps? does it handle well? is the VC nice? normally i would not be so picky but £20 is a lot for one aircraft! i dont want to be in the possition after buying it where i say to myself....."pitty, i could of had a monster curry for £20"

So i am hoping one of you existing EC-135 owners can give me (and gwolb) some direction? Cheers

The EC-135 is by far the best chopper I'v flown in FSX.  Like I mentioned to John I've flown the defaults, including the Acceleration Merlin and the Aerosoft Seahawk and never really got into chopper flying, though once I tried the EC-135 I was hooked.  The flight model is the best I've seen.  Its just super stable and so easy to fly.  Even with full realism sliders its much easier to fly than any of the defaults with realism sliders in the middle.  It's really just a blast to fly, and does exactly what you want it to. 

People always say you need to run realism sliders in the middle with choppers, but I've never been a fan of dumbing down the flight models, and Nemeth has proven there is no need for that if the flight model is programmed correctly.

BTW, thanks for the quick update Gizmo!

Thanks for the info about the EC-135, may have to get this one, looks like a fun addition, dont have any good civilian helicopters yet.  And some of the repaints look amazing for the 135. 

Gizmo,

Maybe we should open up an Aussie helo repaint area lol

Hey aussiecop

Good idea myself id love to do a few more Oz based repaints for the ND EC-135 but the EMQ was about the only one i could find got any suggestions for others worth having a crack at?

Thanks for the Bigup there silly/solar eagle glad to see your enjoying the EC-135 & my repaints it makes me happy to see ppl are enjoying them :)

I think the default ND maps are good but it looks like they havent taken the time to make proper spec map or fresnel ramp maps (infact the specs are just copies of the diffuse map so you get very poor lighting effects :( ) which is a shame

Ive found repainting the EC-135 to be quite fun it has a few UV mapping issues but ive managed to tweak & work around them,Ive got one more in the pipe based on a spanish EC-135 and then i might drop back on the EMQ for a few hours and fix a few little thing that maybe only ive noticed ;)

Heres a few more shots of the re-paints(uni-fly is'nt up anywhere atm will go up very soon) ive done for the EC-135 id have to agree with everything SE has posted about it its a great heilo

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanks again for the feedback :)

All the best

Gizmo

Gizmo, mate I am up for anything, I appreciate all things Eurocopter, the next thing on the radar for Nemeth is the BO-105 which is great, I will find some more Ec135's native to Aus, although the 120 and 130 are far more popular due to less cost to operate, I ported over both the 130 and 120 from fs9 as I enjoy them both and there are quite a few worth while repaints, although we can also go fictional or there are plenty around in other countries.

Cheers mate

AC

Hey guy thanks for the feedback

Gwolb thanks for downloading my paint and im really glad you like it :) Nice shot

Seems that your using an Nvidia GPU right? i can tell you that because some of the guys at the Nvnew FSX forums showed the same problems of the Fresnel ramp map

bleeding allover the aircraft paint where it should be mainly on the windows

SJA06/leadballon reported that the 176.04(Quadro performance driver)fixed the fresnel mapping issue out.

If you check both mine and sillys shots (im running an ATI 4870) you'll see we dont have the bleed through,im not sure what other models this will effect as most of them use momo FRM but as mine use colour maps they might look a bit strange!

I think im gonna add this info to the readme on my next 2 repaints so ppl dont think the problem is my work ;)

Cheers

Gizmo

hehe, I actually thought it was part of the re-paint.  I had problems with the latest drivers on my system, Iam using a couple version older driver and it works fine.  Thanks for the info though, may test again with the driver you listed.

Guest Private-Cowboy

Hey guys,

So i am hoping one of you existing EC-135 owners can give me (and gwolb) some direction? Cheers

The EC-135 is by far the best chopper I'v flown in FSX.  Like I mentioned to John I've flown the defaults, including the Acceleration Merlin and the Aerosoft Seahawk and never really got into chopper flying, though once I tried the EC-135 I was hooked.  The flight model is the best I've seen.  Its just super stable and so easy to fly.  Even with full realism sliders its much easier to fly than any of the defaults with realism sliders in the middle.  It's really just a blast to fly, and does exactly what you want it to. 

People always say you need to run realism sliders in the middle with choppers, but I've never been a fan of dumbing down the flight models, and Nemeth has proven there is no need for that if the flight model is programmed correctly.

BTW, thanks for the quick update Gizmo!

That's not necessarily a good thing. The EC-135 is easy to fly but that does not make it a perfect helo in my book. Helos are not stable at all (in reality) and are not easy to fly at all. That means, the easier it is in FS9/X the the more unrealistic the addon is. The Aerosoft Seahawk is by far the best in FSX for me though but the visuals are aging and it shows. The Dodosim is by far the best in FS9.

Helos are not stable at all (in reality) and are not easy to fly at all. That means, the easier it is in FS9/X the the more unrealistic the addon is.

Really? I recall chopper pilots saying helo's in FS are harder than real life due to the unrealistic way the flight models are done. 

What do you think Aussiecop?  Is the EC-135 really the most unrealistic chopper add on for FS? 

Guest Private-Cowboy

No no, I did not meant to say that it's most unrealistic, I mean it is not the most realistic one by quite a bit. That's a difference. There are quite a few choppers out there that are even more arcade. But if I was to chose one chopper for someone who wants as real as it gets the EC-135 would not be my choice - that's what I mean.

I'd say that flying helo in flighsims is not true to life at all. Flying an airliner may be since flying a 747 etc is mainly programming a computer to do the flight. But for smaller GAs and helos, there's simply one thing missing that can never be simulated - the "butt-o-meter". That's also a reason, bike sims do not work at all - at least not if you've sat on one and know how it should be.

No no, I did not meant to say that it's most unrealistic, I mean it is not the most realistic one by quite a bit. That's a difference. There are quite a few choppers out there that are even more arcade. But if I was to chose one chopper for someone who wants as real as it gets the EC-135 would not be my choice - that's what I mean.

I'd say that flying helo in flighsims is not true to life at all. Flying an airliner may be since flying a 747 etc is mainly programming a computer to do the flight. But for smaller GAs and helos, there's simply one thing missing that can never be simulated - the "butt-o-meter". That's also a reason, bike sims do not work at all - at least not if you've sat on one and know how it should be.

Private Cowboy is right in the "buttometer" reference in relation to helos, there is no substitute for the "feel" of how a helo moves.  My reference to it being realistic was in relation to the model's appearance/paint/vc appearance etc, I would have to say that the 3 helos I enjoy the most for realism are the cera simcraft 412 first then 212 then the 206 realstart.  They behave just like real helo's (performance for input wise) and I dont mind sitting on the tarmac for to 2-7 minutes it should take you to do your real pre flight. most FS helo pilots just want to get in and pull up the collective and go, which in a real helo is a certain recipe for death and dismemberment by way of uneven rotors.

That being said there really still isnt an FSX version of any helo that comes close to the 3 that I have mentioned for FS9 that at least give you the real feel of pre flight and powered in flight dynamics that these do even without the "buttometer" factor.........................so helo designers take heed!

Just my 2 cents from a real helo pilot guys, take it as you will.

Its great the see a helo thread take on such an interest, but hey thats just me! I think since AU Blue and Gold have been released, more and more people are trying out helo's as its a great low and slow option and if you find somewhere you like you can slam on the anchors and bleed off enough speed to hover and check it out close up!

Archived