Real trees with falling leaves - coming soon!

These tree's (at this time) are specific to only one airport which is currently in development

I would assume seeing as there are only 2 smaller airports under development, it would have to be either Skagit or Anacortes, hopefully one of theses will be released soon.

Kyle

We have a lot more stuff in development that what is shown on the roadmap page ;)

Boy, just when i think that i have a handle on what is going on, John throws in a curve and say's "We have a lot more stuff in development that what is shown on the roadmap page."

i do admit though i love surprises, and it looks like there are going to be some in store for us all.

Kyle

Falling leaves! Unbelievable!

I just recently patched Stark's Twin Oaks to get "people flow", and that is amazing, now this?

With you guys, and the various aircraft developers, FSX's claim for "as real as it gets" is not that far-fetched. Kudos!

These are the things that I love about ORBX, every airport scenery is so distinctive in it's own way, you never feel like your in the same place. Always discovering new territory!

I also tried your Lancair and I must admit that I was kind of sceptical at first being this your first GA aircraft but even in this area I was surprised by the quality not to mention the fidelity of the model.

Bring it on ORBX!

David Di Domizio

Great texture work while remaining on a high fps level - not possible in FSX (disproved by Orbx)

Nice people animations to some living airports without hitting fps - not possible in FSX (disproved by Orbx)

Atmospheric details like falling leaves without getting on fps - not possible in FSX (about to get disproved by Orbx)

Once again, I'm somehow speechless about the potential of your guys, John. While others may remain on the "known" levels, you guys are pushing the envelope just for the fun of it and later make it useful for the customers of yours.

That's how it's done! :)

By the way, since the reformation of OZx and Orbx is going on. Will the brave freeware guys also get in touch with the new techniques in a later stage?

You spoke about the combined use of e. g. the Orbx libraries in another topic, that's why I'm asking.

Don't worry, not intending to start expectations about "soon to come" products there, just asking on an informal basis.

By the way, since the reformation of OZx and Orbx is going on. Will the brave freeware guys also get in touch with the new techniques in a later stage?

You spoke about the combined use of e. g. the Orbx libraries in another topic, that's why I'm asking.

Don't worry, not intending to start expectations about "soon to come" products there, just asking on an informal basis.

Essentially the freeware team is building payware-quality airports using Orbx tech, libraries and resources, plus with guidance and help from our veteran devs, so expect to see some eye-popping freeware over the coming years, i.e. with Orbxlibs, PeopleFlow, TextureFlow, and anything else we come up with over the next little while. The rule of course is that the payware stuff gets the first dibs at new tech which then filters down to freeware offerings later.

Don't expect to see falling leaves at a freeware airport anytime soon though, since that is being implemented locally as part of the airport model itself (and at only one airport at this stage) and not part of an ad-hoc library which can be plonked anywhere.

I can assure you guys that the freeware being developed will be right up to speed, Russ's methods are ideal for smaller strips so you can expect that the latest methods will be used, In line with Orbx standards, freeware will be concentrating on Quality, not Quantity, Immersion is the key, when you land at one of our strips we want to make it feel as real as possible.

cheers

Ken

I like that you guys are still pushing the boundaries. For me personally this one I don't need as it's not likely going to be a huge part of my my usual kind of flying. I don't spend a whole lot of time on the ground. PeopleFlow however was a nice touch. I am not sure as I haven't read through this entire thread since I first read it but I'd prefer to see branches move with the wind instead of tiny little leaves falling. For that I'll go back to my FPS and RPG games. ;)

Still as said, I appreciate the forward thinking strategy. :) And I'd still love to see more rocks involved. At least around the airport borders. There are a gazillion trees and plenty of unique models but often the rocks that can sometimes really define the character of an area are sorely missing. Just an idea.

Guest strider

I can assure you guys that the freeware being developed will be right up to speed, Russ's methods are ideal for smaller strips so you can expect that the latest methods will be used, In line with Orbx standards, freeware will be concentrating on Quality, not Quantity, Immersion is the key, when you land at one of our strips we want to make it feel as real as possible.

cheers

Ken

Sounds good ! I'd be happy with just some nice grass for the lil mountain strip in PNW !

Swaying tree's is not hard to do. At all!

However, the way FSX handles animations means that if i make the tree's sway, then the animation tag will break the texture flow setup, and therefore the performance hit will be very big. It would be great to have swaying tree's, but i dont think any of you would thank me for slowing your sim experience down to a slide show....

Russ.

Russ, thanks for the explanation. Limitations, limitations. Must be a pain at times to work with an engine like that. Though I guess this is one of the letdowns of an engine that tries to render such a huge area.

:lol: As a matter of fact, i was really giving some tips here. I didn't hide how impressive are your sceneries.

AnimalFlow and EventFlow.. (and yes, RockFlow), that definitely new things to dig in.

IF the whole idea is too reproduce a tru real atmosphere, you need animals (and not only birds). Is there any limitations here ? I mean Is it impossible or difficult to modelize new animals. Let's say chicken ?

Oh, the CashFlow was for insolent part, ;) thanks venerable John.

Dom

:lol: As a matter of fact, i was really giving some tips here. I didn't hide how impressive are your sceneries.

AnimalFlow and EventFlow.. (and yes, RockFlow), that definitely new things to dig in.

IF the whole idea is too reproduce a tru real atmosphere, you need animals (and not only birds). Is there any limitations here ? I mean Is it impossible or difficult to modelize new animals. Let's say chicken ?

Oh, the CashFlow was for insolent part, ;) thanks venerable John.

Dom

Hi

I think its more like comedyflow on this forum recently, intentional or not, Lol.

It makes me chuckle reading some of the posts. Chickenflow could be a winner, just sounds great :lol::lol: Only thing funnier would be Duckflow, Lol.

But seriously, Good work ORBX

Cheers

Si

I think we're looking at two remarkable factors at Orbx. Not only new techs are being developed and used, they also get applied to older products, without an extra cost for the customers. So while it may be more or less common to see new stuff arriving in the sim from various devs, it is a very rare thing to happen when it comes at zero costs like the current Peopleflow patches.

That's a very fair and open policy indeed and of course somebody at the company itself has to watch the cashflow too. But, as a part of cause and effect, this thing evolves from happy customers finding good products and support here, always checking in for something new. Buying here isn't a pain at all. :)

For the new methods itself, I was happy to read about them being available to all devs (payware and freeware) through the new reunion of Orbx and OZx. Of course, the message to expect them in the payware first was clearly understood and isn't doubted at all.

Hello all, regarding the performance of the addition of all these flows .... .. it would be possible to devote hypertreading use for these animations (one or two heart) and let the hearts physical run FSX?

I do not know if c c is possible but is an idea.

cordially

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lol orbx i tell you is best company out them they all they alway's come with something amazing jaw dropping lol i just can rap my mind around it you guys rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk keep it up the great amazing and creative minds u got thanks for all the hard work please people pay for these products do not pirate them they are all worth the money to invest they are the best of the best get them

Although the tree on the first page looks fantastic, I do think I would have preferred trees that move with the wind rather than falling leaves. A bit more useful for flying. :)

(I hope I'm not hijacking the thread JV -- Feel free to delete without compunction! :) ). "Wildbird:" I realize this would be great for FSX. If, however, you're willing to wait a while, one of the MS Flight videos shows swaying trees. Interesting, no?

On topic: That is some serious work! I can't imagine what you might have to work around, as this is definitely not covered in the SDK (from what I've seen).

Blessings, Patrick

Archived