FTX AI - First pics

Please tone down the demanding nature of the posts here, because you need to remember this is freeware and done by Mal and his repainting team in their spare time, which I am sure we all appreciate and are grateful for?

Demanding? As far as I can see only a few questions were asked where the GA traffic was. In my opinion even Pat's question was not a demand, but indeed a simple question which you answered in a rather patronizing manner. Could you please tone that down too? Considering my own post it was meant suggestive. Please point out where I made my demand; it wasn't intended to be like that.

Like everyone here I highly appreciate the work all you guys are doing in your spare time; you make my simming experience the best it can be and I thank you for that. But it is your own free choice to spend all that spare time. Remarks like yours make me feel us users are only allowed to praise and not criticize or ask as well.

Thanks for the link to GA Traffic. I'll give it a go. And indeed great news Mal is also working on a GA pack. Looking forward to that  :)

Easy Bert!

Remember, this a a gift and a great one at that! I did not feel that JV was patronizing JUST busy!

All the best and thanks to everybody involved in the best sim experience yet!!!

Regards and God bless

Alfred

So then how would an airline like american fly to and from australian airprts if their services are terminated? Do they just stay static at the airports?

American don't fly to Australia!

None of the airlines have been terminated, as I said if you want a US airlines full schedule delete the FTX bgl file for that airline.

American don't fly to Australia!

None of the airlines have been terminated, as I said if you want a US airlines full schedule delete the FTX bgl file for that airline.

Well how about an airline like Malaysian? They have no domestic routes but fly to and from Australia internationally. Does this mean we can see the plane fly to and from Malaysia from Australia?

Is there a problem in providing the full flightplans for the overseas airlines visiting Australia?

You would then only have to add the International airlines you liked when going overseas and not be replacing bgl files.

Looking great.

Thank you.

Regards Michael.

Maxter, I tried that program and never did get it working? oh well.. tried like 3 times and it went through it's routine (long process)

I must have done something wrong or conflict with MyTrafficX, I don't know.

Any last suggestions?

Dave

Is there a problem in providing the full flightplans for the overseas airlines visiting Australia?

You would then only have to add the International airlines you liked when going overseas and not be replacing bgl files.

Looking great.

Thank you.

Regards Michael.

The reason of having the flight plans for other destinations around the world cut back is that I would spend the next 2 years getting more permissions, that is if they are allowed, for extra models, a shit load of more repaints to be done, and a humongous download for everyone.

The AI package coming up is for people with no AI or who don't know how to add AI, if you have other packages keep on using them and if you want all of the Aussie stuff that is not in them, then just add those from the FTX AI.

G'day all  - I saw that link for FSX GA traffic that John gave and I thought my hopes had been answered so I downloaded it but got no joy. Still couldnt find a GA airplane at rural airports and not even at Bankstown.

Anyone have any luck with it ? I would really like to see some traffic or planes around airports other than the big guys.

........Laurie

I've just installed it and it works fine fo me.  Don't forget to select the "Create Flightplans" button.

Cheers,

I must be doin sompn rong. Just flew Bankstown to Wollongong after creating a flight plan but still nuthin in the way of GA aircraft.

Any more ideas ? Cheers..........Laurie

Martin C and/or Maxter: I've downloaded FSX GA Traffic, but am immediately confused by all those exe files. ReadMe says "just extract the zip to a temporary folder and start the setup.exe."  OK - one is labelled 'setup' - but what about the other exe's? No indication of what they're for. Enlightenment would be much appreciated.

Martin C and/or Maxter: I've downloaded FSX GA Traffic, but am immediately confused by all those exe files. ReadMe says "just extract the zip to a temporary folder and start the setup.exe."  OK - one is labelled 'setup' - but what about the other exe's? No indication of what they're for. Enlightenment would be much appreciated.

I have only used the file called setup - Type - application (setup.exe)

After installation, one of the first screens asks what percentage of GA parking spaces you would like to see GA Aircraft occupy.  I used a pertty low amount on the slider, around 20%.  It is important to note that the slider alone will determine the amount of GA aircraft available, and not the slider value in the FS Configuration screen.

Make sure you click the "Generate Flightplans" button and wait for it to finish...  It will take a while.

Just did a flight between YMTG and YKII and I had 1 Mooney in the pattern at YMTG, about 3 others (Cessna's, SF260 and Mooney) enroute calls and a SF260 on the ground at YKII.

Cheers,

Tks Chris - I found the right "create flightplan" button this time - (aint there a lot) but still no GA traffic at Bankstown or Wolllongong. I think my Just Flight Traffic 2005 must be in conflict with the FSX stuff. I'll uninstall the Traffic 2005 and see if that helps.........Laurie

I have Just Flight's 'Traffic [FSX compatible] fully updated for FSX'.  It does work well in FSX, but apparently only partially in FTX. I wonder if anyone else has it, and if so, if it's compatible with GA-Traffic?

Me agen- I uninstalled my Just Flight Traffic 2005 which is set up for FSX but it didnt help with GA planes so I reinstalled it, slid the big stuff slider to full and spent an hour in the control tower at Sydney K-S watchin' the planes and listening to the Ground Controller. Its pretty neat.

Ive given up on the FSX GA install.........Laurie

There are currently in this package,

50-Australian Airlines and smaller commuters,

9-Australian Cargo Airlines

13-New Zealand Airlines

24-Oceania Airlines not including New Zealand

31-International Airlines that fly into Australia

10-International Cargo Airlines that fly into Australia. ;D

Hi Mal,

Given the details above, how small is the smallest airport that your list of 137-odd providers will fly to? I'm just trying to comprehend the scale of what you're building - the biggest will be locations like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, etc, so I was wondering what the other end of the scale is.  :o

Looking forward to it!

Adam

Here is the list of Airlines for FTX AI

AUSTRALIAN AIRLINES

AEROPELICAN AIR SERVICES

AEROTROPICS AIR SERVICES

AIR FRASER ISLAND

AIR LINK

AIR NOSTALGIA

AIRCRUISING AUSTRALIA

AIRLINES OF TASMANIA

AIRNORTH

ALLIANCE AIRLINES

ASIAN AIR EXPRESS / DHL

AUSTRALIAN AIR EXPRESS

AVIATION AUSTRALIA

BRINDABELLA AIRLINES

BROOME AIR SERVICES

BROOME AVIATION

CAPE YORK AIR

GOLDEN EAGLE AIRLINES

HARDY AVIATION

HEAVYLIFT CARGO AIRLINES

HINTERLAND AVIATION

INLAND PACIFIC AIRLINES

JETCRAFT

JETSTAR AIRWAYS

KING ISLAND AIRLINES

LADY ELLIOT ISLAND REEF RESORT

MACAIR AIRLINES

MAROOMBA AIRLINES

NATIONAL JET SYSTEMS

NETWORK AVIATION

NORFOLK AIR

NORTHWEST REGIONAL AIRLINES

OZJET

PACIFIC AIR EXPRESS

PACIFIC AVIATION

PEARL AVIATION

PELAIR

QANTAS AIRWAYS

QANTASLINK/EASTERN/SUNSTATE

REGIONAL EXPRESS AIRLINES

REGIONAL PACIFIC AIRLINES

ROSSAIR

ROYAL FLYING DOCTOR SERVICE-ALL STATES

SEAIR

SHARP AIRLINES

SKIPPERS AVIATION

SKYAIRWORLD

SKYTRADERS

SKYTRANS AIRLINES

SKYWEST AIRLINES

SURVEILLANCE AUSTRALIA

TASAIR

TIGER AIRWAYS AUSTRALIA

TNT

TOLL

V AUSTRALIA AIRLINES

VEE H AVIATION

VIRGIN BLUE AIRLINES

NEW ZEALAND AIRLINES

AIR CHATHAMS

AIR FREIGHT N.Z

AIR NATIONAL

AIR NEW ZEALAND

ANZ LINK AIR NELSON

ANZ LINK EAGLE AIRWAYS

ANZ LINK MOUNT COOK AIRLINES

AIRWORK HOLDINGS

LIFE FLIGHT N.Z

NEW ZEALAND POST

PACIFIC BLUE AIRLINES

QANTAS JET CONNECT

VINCENT AVIATION

OCEANIA AIRLINES

AIR CALEDONIE

AIRCALIN

AIR FIJI

AIR KIRABATI

AIR MOOREA

AIR NIUGINI

AIR PACIFIC

AIR RAROTONGA

AIR TAHITI

AIR TAHITI NUI

AIR VANUATU

AIRLINES TONGA

AIRLINES PNG

CONTINENTAL MICRONESIA

MAF PAPUA NEW GUINEA

OUR AIRLINE

PACIFIC SUN AIRLINES

PEAU VAVA'U

POLYNESIAN AIRLINES

POLYNESIAN BLUE

SAMOA AVIATION

SOLOMON AIRLINES

WANAIR FRENCH POLYNESIA

INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES

AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS

AIR ASIA X

AIR CANADA

AIR CHINA

AIR MAURITIUS

ASIANA AIRLINES

BRITISH AIRWAYS

CATHAY PACIFIC

CHINA AIRLINES

CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES

CHINA SOUTHERN AIRLINES

EMIRATES AIRLINES

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

EVA AIRWAYS

GARUDA INDONESIA

HAWAIIAN AIRLINES

JAPAN AIRLINES

KOREAN AIR

LAN AIRLINES

MALAYSIA AIRLINES

PHILIPPINE AIRLINES

ROYAL BRUNEI

SINGAPORE AIRLINES

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

THAI AIRWAYS

TIGER AIRWAYS

UNITED AIRLINES

UNITED NATIONS

VIETNAM AIRLINES

VIRGIN ATLANTIC

VIVA MACAU

INTERNATIONAL CARGO AIRLINES

ANZ / ATLAS AIR CARGO

CARGOLUX

CATHAY PACIFIC CARGO

FEDERAL EXPRESS

KOREAN AIR CARGO

MARTINAIR CARGO

MASKARGO

POLAR AIR CARGO

SINGAPORE AIRLINES CARGO

UNITED PARCEL SERVICE

Mal:  it'll be great to get your program.  I have WOAI for Australia, but I am puzzled at the sequence that airlines are introduced after starting up FSX.  Initially it is all Qantas, then sometime after Virgin begins to fly, but so far Jetstar has never got into the air.

Mal:  it'll be great to get your program.  I have WOAI for Australia, but I am puzzled at the sequence that airlines are introduced after starting up FSX.  Initially it is all Qantas, then sometime after Virgin begins to fly, but so far Jetstar has never got into the air.

sounds very real world Ian ;D

I bet Tiger haven't even turned up. ;D

Archived