FTX Central doesn't change anything when going between AU or PNW

Hank

Hi moderaters,

When I go between the two areas that you guys have so brilliantly produced in FTX, in the FSX scenery panel

nothing seems to change. I have added several add on destinations from Misty Moorings site; they are all

visible in the FSX Scenery panel, but just don't appear in the flight sim. Does one have to change all

the position order of the add on scenery manually every time one changes between the two countries?

If so how does one do that?

Thank you for your replies.

Cheers

Hank

Hi Hank,

the scenery library isn't supposed to change when switching between AU and NA. There are other file operations that happen in the background, primarily related to autogen,  that make the required adjustments. The only time the ORBX scenery library entries will change is if you switch FTX Central to Default; then the entries should disappear.

The AU and NA manuals describe a tool incorporated in FTX Central named Scenery Library Insertion Points. You can use this utility to "anchor" the block of ORBX scenery library entries at a specific position further down in the scenery library so that any add-ons that require higher display priority, such as Misty Moorings, will always remain above the ORBX entries.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thank you for your reply. I've tried using the "insertion point" thingy, but don't quite understand how it works?

I've gone to the Misty Moorings website and placed their scenery at the top of the tree; but still to no

avail.  I do understand how the FTX Central works now by your explanation; so thank you for that.

Will look into the problem again tonight, see if I can't get it fixed.

Thanks again for your time.

Cheers

Hank

Archived