Which AU airport next for airliner or regional flights?

GordonGekko

Hey guys,

Currently I have the following:

Cairns

Melbourne V2

Brisbane

Canberra

Coffs

and Ants

Hamilton Island

Darwin International

plus all 7 of the free ORBX airports

I haven't bothered to use any of the OZx packs yet since it seems like those are geared to smaller fields which I am not really interested in at the moment.

Now having said that, the most usable airports for me and my computer using complex planes are Cairns, Coffs, Hamilton Island, Darwin and the free ORBX YMLT. Melbourne and Brisbane are sometimes ok for day ops, but for some reason those two airports kill my rig at night, and Canberra were waiting on the patch for.

So, out of all the rest of the payware ORBX airports would you suggest that can be used for some 737,767 or JS4100 flights that actually get some of that type of traffic in the realworld? I've been thinking of either Tamworth, Avalon, or Jandakot  but dont really know anythign about these hub in real life, plus since they all seem sort of small I should be able to get good performance out of any three of them.

Suggestions please.

Thanks fellows..

I haven't bothered to use any of the OZx packs yet since it seems like those are geared to smaller fields which I am not really interested in at the moment.

While OZx does bias towards the smaller fields there are some gems in there which would suit a JS41 quite nicely. Examples are Burnie/Wynyard (YWYY) in Tassie, Townsville (YBTL), Mt Hotham (YHOT), Albany (YABA) plus a heap more I'm sure others can add.

Also, you should install all of Ants airports as there are some more airports that suit JS41 and B737 ops such as Bundaberg (YBUD), Rockhampton (BRCK), Longreach (YLRE) and more.

All of the above are free and the frame rates great so really it would be worth the effort.

As for ORBX payware both Tamworth and Hervey bay would be my recommendations.

Hope this helps out.

Cheers,

Serge

For those ops:

YSTW

YHBA

YBUD

YMAV

YPJT

Best performers of those would be YSTW, YBUD. We have patches coming for all those airports (except YBUD which has it already) to add TextureFlow and PeopleFlow (it's my background task these days). Next patch off the rank is YMAV, followed by YSTW.

Thanks for the info guys.

Well, I think I will go for YSTW and YHBA for now since I like that area and its close to YSCH and I can also get to Cairns from there if I want a little longer flight. I would assume that those two should perform similar to YSCH which I can run with all the options checked no problem.

Serge, thanks for the info as well.

I will definately check out Bundaberg (YBUD), Rockhampton (BRCK), Longreach (YLRE) for now and then at some point replace the YBUD with the ORBX version. As far as the OZx ones I will have to investigate those as well , but am a little more hesitant since it seems like they are harder to pick and choose compared to Ants airports. The only reason being that I generally dont like to fill the HD with a bunch of stuff that I wont use, but none the less I will take another look at it.

Thanks again fellows, much appreciated.

Off to do some downloading now :-)

For those ops:

YSTW

YHBA

YBUD

YMAV

YPJT

Best performers of those would be YSTW, YBUD. We have patches coming for all those airports (except YBUD which has it already) to add TextureFlow and PeopleFlow (it's my background task these days). Next patch off the rank is YMAV, followed by YSTW.

You're patching YSTW, why? The airport is PERFECT isn't it?

Archived