Dmrich28's Country tour (legs 9-12) cont'd

dmrich28

Leg 9 done with a bit of mechanical problems  Avalon - Mangalore  (1hr 32min)  2pm-3:32pm

Leaving Avalon 2:03 pm

Posted Image

Passing Melbourne 2:41pm @ 5400'

Posted Image

Craig joined me and we're near Mount Sugarloaf  3:07pm @ 6400'

Posted Image

Guy in Learjet smokes us out of nowhere..damn 2004 guys  ;)

just going through sun shower as well

Posted Image

About 20nm from Mangalore I had my engine cut and lost 1/2 power, after trying to get going again

I thought be safe rather than cause more damage ending about 100nm earlier than planned.

Craig and I safely down at YMNG

Posted Image

After this leg..now to chew out that mechanic I had back at Mt. Hotham  :)

Posted Image

Dave

It's FSDiscover it works well for planning long trips. (I did have to find all the freeware strips first..thanks to whoever did the directions btw)

Thanks for the comments, really enjoying doing it, actually feels like flying with a purpose in mind.

Now with FTX, the new Hi-Def FEX clouds, Russ's interior, and now the water config tool it's only getting better all the time.

Dave  :)

Whew Leg 10 finished.. Mangalore - Murray Bridge  2hrs 38min  (6:30am-9:08am)

Bit of a story this leg so bear with me..

Leaving Mangalore 6.5nm @ 6:35am  light rain, 2400'

Posted Image

Golden glow morning near Echuca  6:53am @ 3100'  (had on/off rain all trip)

Posted Image

Cohuna strip 7:10am @ 4300'

Posted Image

OK, forgot to tell you the Mt.Hobart Mechanic fixed my sick bird and told me if I took him up today it would be

worth my while. He felt bad about my mishap the last trip and made a few calls to make  it up to me..

I asked what he was talking about and he simply said " forget about it, I know people.."

hmmm

This is his view near Appin 7:15am

Posted Image

From YWYF..control said no way boy we're IFR, look elsewhere if you had intentions..I laughed, I had a long way to go

Posted Image

Near Woorak 8:04am @ 4400'  ( before ya ask, the mechanic was digging something out of the duffle bag in back)  ;)

Posted Image

Nowhere land..over Scorpion Springs Conservation Park..being a foreigner, thinking to myself how does anyone get to some of these places  8)

Mechanic told me just about another 45nm or so..which got me thinking again, what/who is there?

Posted Image

well I'm there..final at Murray Bridge, can't wait to get out and see what's up

Posted Image

Parked 9:08 am, I don't see anything???  He said go have a cold one and meet him at the 5th hanger down, the doors will be open.

He said "the next 48hrs has all been taken care of, and for me to relax and take a short break from all this"

Posted Image

I can't believe he's letting me use his newly restored DR.I Fokker, the thing is mint!, and he said that's not all!!

Posted Image

Told me to go to the parking lot and take a drive down to Victor Harbor and enjoy the afternoon and when I'm done enjoy the suite in Thorngrove Manor, Adelaide and he'll

catch up with me sometime down the road, as he had to stay and do "some work"

Posted Image

Posted Image

What a day!!, can't wait to take the Fokker up but for now I do like he said and enjoy the rest of the day in style  :)

Posted Image

where I'm hanging out right now.

Posted Image

Sorry for spicing it up..hope you liked it  lol

Dave

dmrich, I've been following your trip with some interest! I'll have to look at these shots from home tonight since our stupid internet here at work filters all content from user storage sites (which includes all picture upload places like imageshack and so on).

I must look into multi-player FSX. It's something I have never tried myself. I do lots of multi-player stuff but never with FSX!

Guest Aussieman

dmrich, I've been following your trip with some interest! I'll have to look at these shots from home tonight since our stupid internet here at work filters all content from user storage sites (which includes all picture upload places like imageshack and so on).

I must look into multi-player FSX. It's something I have never tried myself. I do lots of multi-player stuff but never with FSX!

Don't work for the gommerment by any chance??? ;D ;D

Cheers

Pat

My special treat after a long day..

Posted Image

The conclusion to my July 8th/ 2008...a day I will never forget!

Posted Image

In Adelaide just driving around enjoying the end of the day..heading to the hotel

Maybe I'll stake Murray Bridge as a home strip along with the one on Swan Island a month or so ago..

Finances are good right now, love to have about 6 overall, unrealistic right now unless I sell something in the future..hmmm...

Posted Image

Don't work for the gommerment by any chance??? ;D ;D

Nope ... the biggest defence company in Australia. The Australian company (which is a subsiduary of the global) just doubled in size actually with the buyout of another defence company. That should be enough of a hint for anybody interested to work it out  ;)

Leg 11 finished  Murray Bridge - Port Lincoln  1hr 47min  (8am-9:47am)

Another adventure done, it's amazing what has occurred the over the last 48hrs.

Leaving Murray Bridge 8:03 am

Posted Image

Over Warren Reservoir strip 8:12am

Posted Image

Got clearence through Edinburgh RAAF Base, strange they said my timing was good since they were closing airspace in a few hours for the day  (??)

Posted Image

Very strange, but I swear I saw a Carrier near Adelaide, wonder if that has anything to do with airspace restrictions later..

Gulf St. Vincent  8:30am  5000'

Posted Image

WEEEEE!!!  Thistle Island in distance but note the time...24hrs of flight so far  9:32am  3000'

Posted Image

Landing at Port Lincoln  9:47am

Posted Image

What they gave me in the hanger for my 24hr tour so far..a nice belt buckle  ;)

Posted Image

Now, I was curious after seeing the Aircraft Carrier out there what was going on..I picked up a paper in the morning and these are some of the shots

they had. It was a special ceremony showing a Century of Flight and all 5 aircraft were brought over by an American Carrier for the occasion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for reading all..here I am.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dave  ;)

Hop 12..uneventful, since there has been few comments..but I'm going on    :D

Port Lincoln - Wudinna  1hrs 2min  (4pm-5:02pm)

Leaving Port Lincoln  4:04pm

Posted Image

I got lost..50 nm off course  NOT what I wanted at this time of day  4:20  7000'

Posted Image

enjoying the sights  7500"  4:32pm

Posted Image

stupid haze and glare  4:48pm

Posted Image

Into Wudinna  5:02pm

Posted Image

May get done this round in 4 or 5 more trips,  we'll see

Posted Image

Dave

let me know if you want me to stop my posts, I enjoy it, but if you don't care let me know..no biggie  :)

Archived