Share your dreams with us ...

John Venema

Koorbs,

Having started my 5th Around the World flight about 25 days ago (in a single prop), I am amazed how great the scenery around Oz looks in FSX straight out of the box.

However there are certain things that look a little out of whack especially some of the textures around the outskirts of regional and country towns.  Maybe it is my low settings to get acceptable performance from my 3 yr old PC, but I am struggling to convince myself that we are either approaching a country town or over one in the default textures.  Your Tamworth screenies give a much greater sense of "being there" I feel.

My wish list would include...

Configurable road traffic density by road type (not global).

Multi season textures

Oz trees at a realistic scale.

Cheers and thanks,

Done, done and done :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok.. Here is that Tassie nut and GA flier again..

John, I have always been a bit disappointed with the definition of the various  well known mountains in Aus (and of course, Tas). These monoliths are by definition, very specific in appearance, standing out from the surrounding countryside, and for this reason, being a very important part of the navigation of this great country. Of course I am not familiar with many of the mainland mountains, but have flown many of the Tassie ones in real life, such as Mt Roland, Cradle mountain, Federation peak and the walls of Jerusalem and of course, they stick out like the proverbial "dogs B*lls".

Take a look at some of the photos at this Tassie website to see what I mean..

http://www.wildtiger.biz/index.php?indexes&category=1

My question is this. Is it going to be possible in Orbx to create the correct shape and textures of these landmarks? and if yes, will your team be doing so?. Thanks. Teecee.

• 2 months later...

Being a huge fan of whats not included in anything, I would just love to see an accurate representation of the west coast from Torquay to Lorne or a little further west to appollo bay, it has always been a constant dissapointment to me even on satellite imagery :(  btw before I left Aus for the USA (yeah I know I still dont know why) I was a resident of Anglesea Vic.

John,

Let me just say you have made a homesick aussie very happy, it will at least keep the homesickness at bay for me when I am stuck here in the USA.  I want to also thank you for being a fantastically accessible CEO.  I will be home feb 3-19 any chance of a visit to the ORBX office for a sneak peak?

• 2 weeks later...

Being a huge fan of whats not included in anything, I would just love to see an accurate representation of the west coast from Torquay to Lorne or a little further west to appollo bay, it has always been a constant dissapointment to me even on satellite imagery :(  btw before I left Aus for the USA (yeah I know I still dont know why) I was a resident of Anglesea Vic.

Hehehe - get it right you misguided Ozzie deserter

The West Coast would be like Broome to Exmouth and down to Augusta  ::);D ;D

Moving traffic on the motorways has always been the thing in my head :rolleyes:

and now more and more addon airports have traffic moving around the airport and on the nearby roads so dreams do come true...... :)

Moving traffic on all major roads will be part of VOZ PRO. You will be able to see traffic in all freeways and 'A' roads throughout the country. We have FSX to thank for that :)

Does FSX have moving trains as well? I can't recall seeing any (yeah i know i'm still stuck on FS2004).  It would be neat to be able to see trains, especially if you could somehow configure them to run to the appropriate timetables.  Also, how difficult would it be to regionalise traffic?  By this i mean repaint trucks in the liveries of various major companies located around the cities (Melbourne - Linfox, Toll etc)?  Yeah i know, just a small thing, but hey you said to dream...  ;)

Cheers,

- Glenn.

Certain dates could trigger things, like Melbourne cup or avalon airshow or Melbourne Grand Prix, doesnt have to be moving race cars just visible density IE. crs parked and colored "ants" down below jammed on the road line of Albert park lake, AFL grand final, just some thoughts, i figure if they have fireworks on certain dates at certain times its possible

Sydney to Hobart yaucht race could have heaps of yauchts in the water in the harbour, Melbourne Grand prix AFL grabd final and Melbourne cup could have high density of parked cars around the venues, new years, australia day and my birthday:) could have fireworks just as an example

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What I want to see.

More airport vehicles moving. Particularly at small airports. More animated objects. More people , animated and stationery.

Arriving at most airfields reminds me of a morgue.

Scerery should be designed for top line computers, not entry level.

Can scenery be designed to run at no more than 20fps?    This may get rid of the flood of forum complaints about low frame rates.

The quality of scenery is now as good as it gets. And yet I don't even have Orbx.I think it's now time to spend more time in adding some life to it.

And as I'm just wishing,  I would like to see FSNavigator rewritten for fsx.

But traffic massacres the framerates, Jack!

I'd like to see sloped AFCADs (with better textures, more marking options)... and more objects and aircraft available for FSXSP2.

Seems FSX has heralded the death of freeware.  Maybe it's the 4 versions - Stock, SP1, SP2 and Acceleration.  Anyone know of an FSX Freeware aircraft up to the standard of the Fravin 150, Potez Fouga Magister, Eckert Stearman or Shupe AC520?  Why haven't they been upgraded?  What happened to the BayTower RV7?  Beware any FSX freeware planes - they're rarely properly SP2-compatible and often only FS2002 quality.  Rick Piper's wonderful Chipmunk and A22 both miss instruments in SP2.  Even some of the Payware Companies just don't seem to be able to keep up.  Carenado's FSX conversions aren't SP2-compatible.  How long 'til Realair convert the Spit XIV?  Some new tubeliners are released for FS9 only.

What about the jerkiness in FSInn or FSHost Multiplay?  The developers say Microsoft have witheld information so they can't make best use of simconnect.  The Official Gamespy (highest bidder) multiplay, although it displays other MP aircraft smoothly, is no option with its use of too many ports, constant disconnects and the fact many can't even join due to bugs in their sign-up routine.  My son plays Counterstrike Source online usu. with about 24 players- great graphics, silky smooth and blistering framerates in complex environments - on a 3-yr old PC!  Why is it not like this for FSX?

Anyway, FSX (which I fly and design for exclusively) is still way better than FS9 and runs better than it on a properly set-up new PC.  Too bad about some of Aces' decisions.  FSX airfields are much-easier to design than in FS9 and look way better and the OrbX terrain takes FSX to another level.  So I agree with Jack - where's all the scenery (airports, etc)?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived