Share your dreams with us ...

John Venema

I know I close my eyes sometimes and think of what I want to achieve with the the VOZ PRO project.

Actually, I do it a lot :D (Gotta stop daydreaming while I am driving!)

So, here's you chance to think of the "little things" which you'd like to see in the ground textures and the autogen. What would make VOZ PRO "do it" for you?

Knock yourselves out - we can't promise anything, but who knows if your craxy ideas may make it into the product? And then you can say "that was my idea!".

The ability to move scenery would be nice . How many times have you dropped in to some spot and the scenery isnt quite right , for instance the road past YCOM is not where it's shown in default and VOZ scenery but swapped over with a powerline :( I'vr tried but can't seem to make an exclude to put the road where it should be .

Another thing that peeves me is the appearance of airfields when you approach them from a low altitude, the sharp white line etc and really sticks out from the rest of the scenery, wether FS X does this I don't know . something to think about.

What specific area do you mean John ??

Mozz

Moving traffic on the motorways has always been the thing in my head :rolleyes:

and now more and more addon airports have traffic moving around the airport and on the nearby roads so dreams do come true...... :)

Moving traffic on the motorways has always been the thing in my head :rolleyes:

and now more and more addon airports have traffic moving around the airport and on the nearby roads so dreams do come true...... :)

Moving traffic on all major roads will be part of VOZ PRO. You will be able to see traffic in all freeways and 'A' roads throughout the country. We have FSX to thank for that :)

I know it can be a framerate issue, John, but what about considering adding choppers (AI) over some of the larger and medium-sized cities? Wouldn't that be cool? B)

Yes!................ i remember (i think) Deane Baunton's scenery of Auckland city had the police helio flying around the city taking off and landing at Mechanics Bay that was with 2K2 and was never a problem with FPS back then

Great suggestions, i'd think maybe a setting for those who would like the product but currently don't have a supernijakickassfpseater system but may in future e.g lower resolution or something i donno.

Whatever resolution, texture detail, layers, scenery, seasons, or even an odd Otways dynamic forest fire with its plume of smoke merging with some classic Koorby Clouds, l just hope the 2007 combo [FSX/VOZ Pro/MS Vista/Addons] dosent kill my enthusiasm (and my wallet) with another major hardware upgrade. VOZ Pro is premier class but it will be interesting to see where it sits in the middleground and my desirability once the entry level 'reality sliders' are lowered so that l can choose to upgrade rather than l have to upgrade. But perhaps upgrades are inevitable because of the combo and not any specific software. :rolleyes:

Greatly enjoying the VOZ experience, quality stuff Koorby - 2007 will be an interesting FS year.

Right .... here goes.

The main roads could be much better at low levels. AND my dream for FS is to have the abillity to make a virtual ground tour of some of the more interesting cities. I realize this would be a hell of a project but to drive round a city with real roads and buildings all in the right place would be a real eyecandy for those of us who cant get to the REAL place.

What do you think John?

Right .... here goes.

The main roads could be much better at low levels. AND my dream for FS is to have the abillity to make a virtual ground tour of some of the more interesting cities. I realize this would be a hell of a project but to drive round a city with real roads and buildings all in the right place would be a real eyecandy for those of us who cant get to the REAL place.

What do you think John?

All fixed in FSX. The quality of the roads in FSX are hugely improved over FS9, and you will also have moving traffic. Also, see my other post about the source data MS are using for FSX - based on MapPoint (which powers MS Virtual Earth), you will have every single road and most of the dirt tracks in Australia showing in the scenery, which means, REAL VFR navigation. You will also see accurate rivers, coastlines and lakes. All this is out-of-the-box with FSX and will look ever better once you add VOZ PRO to the mix.

You think you can't wait for FSX? I am busting to get hold of it!!!

Tides and water level changes would be a challenge i.e. when flying the choppers over the barrier reef and no landing point is left ? Also Australia is changing the face extremely during wet / dry season. Chances to bring such things alive ?

Peter Kruesi

Tides and water level changes would be a challenge i.e. when flying the choppers over the barrier reef and no landing point is left ? Also Australia is changing the face extremely during wet / dry season. Chances to bring such things alive ?

Peter Kruesi

Peter, full support of seasonal changes across the entire country will be part of VOZ PRO. We are introducing seasonal textures in VOZ 1.2 next week, and a lot of the techniques we are learning from that will be applied to VOZ PRO also.

As for tides and water levels, that's outside the scope of VOZ PRO and if MS implement it in FSX, then we'll see it - but it has not been mentioned as a feature thus far.

Whatever resolution, texture detail, layers, scenery, seasons, or even an odd Otways dynamic forest fire with its plume of smoke merging with some classic Koorby Clouds, l just hope the 2007 combo [FSX/VOZ Pro/MS Vista/Addons] dosent kill my enthusiasm (and my wallet) with another major hardware upgrade. VOZ Pro is premier class but it will be interesting to see where it sits in the middleground and my desirability once the entry level 'reality sliders' are lowered so that l can choose to upgrade rather than l have to upgrade. But perhaps upgrades are inevitable because of the combo and not any specific software. :rolleyes:

Greatly enjoying the VOZ experience, quality stuff Koorby - 2007 will be an interesting FS year.

Phil, VOZ PRO will only be a texture and autogen addon - there's no scenery or anything else included with it and the textures will be the same size as the FSX 1m/pixel textures.

In fact, the FSX interface allows you to use VOZ Classic textures also - there's a slider allowing you to choose the texture size, so if you scale it back to 5m/pixel you'll be able to run VOZ Classic inside FSX and get all the benefits of FSX in VOZ from day 1!

... VOZ PRO will only be a texture and autogen addon...

My apologies John, l temporarily forgot in spite of you making it clear in posts. I guess the reason l can forget sometimes is that the product name VOZ Pro implies a superset of VOZ Classic, but in fact these are two different (but related) products from the same hangar. :)

In terms of dreams, its hard to imagine the fidelity you strive for as its never been seen before in FS and l'm sure you'll be in dog fights with your competitors before very long. The image of photo-real CGI clarity only seen in expensive Hollywood films comes to mind but l need to temper dreams so that l dont set wrong expectations. But imagine your nicest painted Piper parked on a rural airfield in mid-summer with blades of tall amber grass alongside the runway waving in a light summer breeze. Thats captured aircraft model, scenery and texture interfaced to weather all in one picture. Just need a few crows cawing to complete the scene! :P

Don't know about crows, but FSX will have horses, cows and other farm animals in fields, so it won't take long before kangaroos hop across your bush runway :)

The reason VOZ PRO won't have any scenery etc, is that VOZ Classic has all those bases covered already - all the VOZ CLassic scenery will work fine in FSX and will look just as good.

VOZ PRO is very much a superset of VOZ Classic, purely from the perspective of the size of the dataset, which will be literally 16x the size. We are going to focus PURELY on textures to make them simply the best that people have ever seen outside of actually watching a video. That's our promise.

g'day John,

yeh, smee !!

finally got around to joining the VozPro forums (slack, true)

putting lotsa pennies aside for "the beast" upgrade in late 06 or early 07, budget will be capped at $4k for 'what's in the box'

really looking forward to X and your Voz products mate, the combo with the beast should be awesome..........

cheers,

boleropilot

Hey Koorby in saying that VOZ PRO WONT have any scenery are you telling us that we have to download all the VOZ classic stuff again??

I thought it mighta been nice to have the VOZ classic stuff on disk since we'l be paying for this GREAT new product i was hoping not having to download it all again an re-install.. having everything on disk would be a great convienience.. :):)

Just a thought mate...

PS Cant wait to see old Skippy jumping across out back feild whilst flyin RFDS routes LOL..

And also seeing Blinky Bill caught up in the airports windsock!! LMAO!!

Hey Koorby in saying that VOZ PRO WONT have any scenery are you telling us that we have to download all the VOZ classic stuff again??

I thought it mighta been nice to have the VOZ classic stuff on disk since we'l be paying for this GREAT new product i was hoping not having to download it all again an re-install.. having everything on disk would be a great convienience.. :):)

You won't need to download VOZ Classic again, since you'll already have it :)

Having said that, the VOZ Classic team will be doing a "split" of VOZ to seperate the textures from the scenery addons so that a scenery-only version of VOZ Classic will be able to fit snuggly into FSX.

Of course, a lot of FSX compatibility testing will need to happen to VOZ Classic before we give it the "Ready For FSX" stamp of approval, since we don't know how much FS9 stuff will work out of the box.

It is also worth noting that FSX will have vastly improved terrain and roads/coasts/water, so a lot of the scenery in VOZ Classic will be made redundantly due to the increased fidelity of the topology in FSX. So a lot of work needs to be done to make VOZ Classic 100% non-intrusive to FSX users.

Another reason we cannot bundle VOZ Classic with VOZ PRO is that there is a huge amount of copyrighted freeware scenery by hundreds of authors included in Classic that we cannot change money for.

• 2 weeks later...

The 12 apostles (or is there only 7 left now?) may not show up in VOZ PRO since we are using 20m mesh, and those structures are less than 20m in width. You may see some bumps though. I expect it won't be hard to create them though, so thanks for the question, we will add it to the features-to-consider list ;)

will you be doing weather effects cloud textures?

Not this time Nick. We found with VOZ that weather and clouds were a very personal taste, so with VOZ PRO we are sticking to our core mission to provide the world's best textures - just ground textures. We'd recommend products like Active Sky or Flight Environment to enhance your experience, or you can continue to use the clouds/weather in VOZ Classic if you wish.

Hi, great news about VOZ Pro! Add me to the list of users wanting to purchase.

Korby, did you say you will be using 20M mesh in VOZ Pro? That would be fantastic because SRTM is only 75M.

Can you confirm? Will we see more detailed mesh? I hope so.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to have AI traffic on water? By using ficticious airports etc. I know we can already use water traffic, so can we make it AI?

eg: Spirit of Tasmania, Sydney harbour ferries etc etc.... just a thought. :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Moving traffic on all major roads will be part of VOZ PRO. You will be able to see traffic in all freeways and 'A' roads throughout the country. We have FSX to thank for that :)

I wonder if the moving traffic in FSX is regionalised ie. whether we drive on our side of the road or are we forced down the US system even in OZ scenery.

I guess we will soon find out Max as FSX is just around the corner

I've already dropped the traffic speed to "o" from "100" to make the traffic

move at a more respectable speed in the beta version

i have the plastic at the ready :)

Hmm, never tested this feature in the FSX beta, but I pretty sure traffic is regional and if not, the SDK will allow it to be edited.

Thanks for that John,

Presumably we won't have to have a switcher in the new/FSX versions either. I also wonder if the regionalisation will allow the developer to set arbitrary zones/or regions within the sim as well, or maybe the SDK will allow this to be implemented.

Cheers and enjoy your break.

Chris Porter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Your wish is my command  currently working on another project BUT new things are afoot.

Things like Blowering Resevior near Tumut 

Posted Image

Grain Silos part of my gliding points in Northwestern New South wales

Posted Image

Stay tuned as I think there is one fella working on having trains not sure if its Freight or just suburban but AI trains.

• 1 month later...

Koorbs,

Having started my 5th Around the World flight about 25 days ago (in a single prop), I am amazed how great the scenery around Oz looks in FSX straight out of the box.

However there are certain things that look a little out of whack especially some of the textures around the outskirts of regional and country towns.  Maybe it is my low settings to get acceptable performance from my 3 yr old PC, but I am struggling to convince myself that we are either approaching a country town or over one in the default textures.  Your Tamworth screenies give a much greater sense of "being there" I feel.

My wish list would include...

Configurable road traffic density by road type (not global).

Multi season textures

Oz trees at a realistic scale.

Cheers and thanks,

Archived