Transparant aircraft

Bassman

Just finished loading fresh install of FSX on my new sytem.

Started up a flight and found two problems.

1. Small part of land in distance did not generate a texture, just blue patches of no particular shape or size and

2. My aircraft was transparent  from the external view

I don't know why, but I went into settings and ticked "Preload DirectX10", restarted and hey presto everything is working. ???

Can't recall ever seeing this Preload selection or ever ticking it in XP :-\(however my own memory (not the pooter's) is fairly stuffed :P)

Can anybody advise me  why  ticking "Preload DX10" solved the problem???

Thanks

Dan

DX10 preview was only available from Vista onwards (not Windows XP)

Most of the problems you have described are indeed solved by UNchecking the DX10 preview box.

DX10 is not fully implemented ... and you will see lots of odd material anomalies and reduced anti-aliasing and filtering along the way.

Hey Dan, Bjorn beat me to it! I had exactly the same problem after doing a new cfg install. I sat on the runway at Seattle surrounded by an empty cockpit with all the instruments in the air! This is a known FSX bug and is corrected by the Highmemfix=1 being added to your FSX cfg file  ;)  Forgive me, as I am away from home at the moment and can't remember whether the fix is added to the graphics section or display section of the cfg file. I'm sure within the next couple of posts someone can enlighten you, cheers... ;)

Archived