How can get fine texture

fjsflight

I notice i get blurry texture,is my Hard drive run not fast?

My set in fsx.

Posted Image

This is i used demo PNW before,that's amazing effect.

Posted Image

This is paid PNW picture,that 2 month ago.

[img width=890 height=700]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff506/fjsharry/2011-1-1_17-42-9-310.jpg

New pictue on last night, is really worst, how could be?(Use same computer)

Posted Image

Posted Image

could be a number of things, latest Vidcard drivers, settings, HD speed, number of processes running in the background, defragmentation, RAM speed and CPU speed mismatch, you name 'm and it could be any one of 'm.

but I'd start with lowering the water setting to 2x.low for starters as it does not add anything to set them to max, just eats resources and no joy of it

Thanks suggestion for first,that's all picture was i test result.

I found if pause than waiting 1 minute,result terrain texture seen LOAD COMPLETE.

Have any suggest??

Flying and than pause game.

Posted Image

1 minute later

Posted Image

Pause

Posted Image

1 minute ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was set water effect LOWx2.

Suggest is set mesh resolution 10m? I was follow PNW manual set to 2m,now set to 10m will be get BAD effect?

By the way Mr.Venema i don't get mean about"I would also defrag your HD."????

FPS was set 25? But I tested by myself,set to unlimited can get more FPS.

About TWEAKS,i used FSUIPC4(demo),FSUIPC4 is TWEAKS software?

I has this software for FSX PMDG 747X J41,REX2, PNW,FSUIPC4,Captain sim757.

Hey fjsflight,

The basic problem is throughput  ... so it comes down to making the loading as efficient as possible, and offloading elements that are consuming resources.

Defragging:

Textures are quite hard-drive intensive, if they are fragmented into multiple bits, they will not load on time.

The basic Window defragmentation utility is a start, other utilities which sort filetables and optimise the file-records also exist.

The most important thing IMHO is file fragmentation.  That is what John meant by a defrag.

I would do that first ... there are other ways to jiggle resources to optimise texture loading, but they will always come at the expense of something else.

Personally optimising your HDD, running your memory and FSB at its rated capacity (not underclocked), using Low 2.x water, a reasonable LOD radius.

It may be worth checking your HDD performance using something like HDTune to see if it stacks up ...

I too can get better FPS with my limiter set to unlimited but buy doing so you will get blurry textures as your computer is trying to keep up with the fps instesd of loading textures. This has been my experiance,that is why I set mine to 25 FPS and I now dont get blury textures like you show in your pictures above. This is just a sugestion.

Josh

Oh i think it was solved problem, Thanks for your suggestions !!

I change this set, 1.water effect 2.mesh resolve change to 5m 3.fps set to 25 4.defrag HDD

I guess most Improved by change FPS and water effect set.

Orbx has very friendly and useful Support for customer. :)

Archived