bad problems

spinker

Registration Key: *******

Order #7665 Blue

Order #7667 Gold

registration Key: *******

Your scenery is great but you installation files can be dangerous.     

I am at a point now that I will probably have to reformat my drives and start all over again. My computer service man will most likely charge $200.00 to $300.00 to do this plus I will have to re-install all my programs again. This is a new computer that I built for FSX. Below is a message I sent to the person that built my new computer

//The new computer is up and running, for the first time I am seeing FSX as I had always //thought it should be. No blurries, no stutters, frame rates are excellent.

Now I have no water where there should be some including Friday Harbor (see photo) I am getting blurries in all ground textures, not as bad as my older computer but not what they were before augold.

I have tried many fixes based on your threads on your site and probably made it worse trying to correct it. Here are some of the happenings.

I first installed AUBLUE FREEWARE (no problems) then uninstalled and purchased  orbxFTXAUblue110 and orbxFTXAUgold.. I installed blue first did not seem to have problems than installed gold and everything went wrong. After trying to correct problem buy trying to re-install I finally found out that the gold installation automatically turned on FTX Mode and since there was nor indication that FTX mode was on I continued to fly in areas outside of your scenery files this is when I found these problems.

The supplied mission file has no 2nd aircraft.

There is an uninstall for gold in the add remove file.

There is an uninstall for blue in the start all programs area but it does not work it opens to  Adobe.

There is no uninstall available in the ORBX root directory.

If you uninstall gold that from the  “add remove†section the uninstall for blue in the “start all programs†for blue disappears. Uninstall doesn’t seem to work anyways

I just don’t know how to fix this I would like you to help me remove every instance of your files (don’t know what files being copied in a DOS window does as well.

Please Please help me to restore my computer to pre AUBlue and gold

Thank you

Larry Mintz

P.S. Once I get back to where I was before installing your program I would like to re-Install Blue but I would not touch gold.

My Computer dedicated to FSX   

UTX Canada,USA,Europe.....GEX,FEX, XGraphics,SP1

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 1.5Gb/s Hard Drive

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

mushkin 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

GIGABYTE GA-EX38-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard

Nvidia geForce 8800GTS (640MB)

Nvidia driver 175.19

Asus DRW-2014L1T DVD

Monitor NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX  [19" LCD]   

Win XP Pro

edited by Uhu_Fledermaus, masked the reg keys

I am so sorry to hear of your problems.. and I will say here I am a customer of FSX, and nothing else..but I have to say this..does it not strike you as strange that hundreds or even thousands of satisfied customers of the FSX product have had very very few problems with the product and/or it's installation?.. does this not indeed tell you that your problems are not with FSX, but either with your new system or with the way you installed these programs? I would suggest that you reformat your new hard drive/s, and start from scratch.. you have obviously done something very wrong with your installations. Teecee.

Im a little dissapointed in your reply. My problem was not with FSX it is what the augold program did to my FSX program. If you read my thread

//The new computer is up and running, for the first time I am seeing FSX as I had always //thought it should be. No blurries, no stutters, frame rates are excellent//

I  guess you havent read too many of the threads that I have seen posted about many problems with the installation of this product. For example when you install the augold should it turn on FTX Mode without any notification?  When im fact flying out of the range of this augold program can cause many problems such as no water in Friday Harbor etc. What  happened to the aublue uninstall. I guess I"ll wait and hopefully someone will be able to tell me how to get out of this mess. To spend $60.00 for the programs and possibly another $200.00  more to fix this is a little dissapointing

Executing an executable file does not seem to be to difficult, but unfortunatly you have no control what this program does, so I dont think it was any thing that I did wrong other than clicking on a .exe file. I am aware that flying outside of the area with FTXmode turned on but I did not turn it on your program did without any notice. Im getting a little hot so I will sign off and hope another of your support people will be able to help me they seem to have been very helpfull with other users that have also had problems and by the way I did not have any problems with aublue it seems to be augold that caused the problems.

OK spinker, let's cool down first ;)

As I understand from your post you have forgotten to turn FTX mode OFF before installing AU gold, happens to the best, even me ... lol

OK here's what I would like you to do to try and get this sorted :)

Turn FTX mode [glow=red,2,300]OFF[/glow] restart fsX, let it rebuild it's Dbase for the scenery and when done EXIT fsX

Turn FTX mode [glow=green,2,300]ON[/glow] restart fsX, let it rebuild it's Dbase for the scenery and when done EXIT fsX

then you go to ..... \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

You will find a lil exe called FTXConfigurator run that and then restart fsX, I think that your "glitch" should be resolved

Aslo I must advise you that after you have done this and fsX runs with the scenery displayed as should to shut it OFF and DEFRAG the reason due to expiriences we advise this to make sure all the files are nicely sorted and thus improve your fsX/FTX expirience,

Also start with relative medium settings for the scenery, once you have "tweaked" the system at your wishes then gradually increase the settiings to obtain the best results ;)

Spinker, the AU GOLD installer clearly says in its window text that FTX mode is turned ON:

Posted Image

The user guide also clearly explains what FTX mode does and advises that you turn it off outside an FTX region.

I am at a point now that I will probably have to reformat my drives and start all over again. My computer service man will most likely charge $200.00 to $300.00 to do this plus I will have to re-install all my programs again. This is a new computer that I built for FSX.

As for spending $300 to fix performance issues, can I suggest you keep that money in your pocket and not paid someone to do what can be done yourself at no cost? I would strongly suggest that a complete reinstall of your operating system and indeed FSX is not required.

Some more answers for you:

- The initial reply to your problem report was not by an Orbx staff member. Teecee was trying to help, but I concede his advice was not ideal.

- There is a hotfix for the mission here: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=3200.0

- Yes, the uninstallers do not work, our apologies. Future versions of FTX will not have uninstallers because they do not work effectively with FSX in the way we implement our addon. To uninstall FTX manually do this: 

1. Do an FTX Mode [OFF]

2. Remove all the FTX entries from your Scenery Library in FSX.

3. Remove the entire ORBX folder

- I am puzzled as to why you would "not touch Gold" - both installers work in the same way and they each backup your original files before installing any replacements.

We apologise if your installation has been problematic, and please work with us to resolve the issues. I am 100% sure we can have you up and running smoothly very soon.

HI John,

I must have flown right by that message. Sorry my fault. I had expected the installation to be the same as aublue did not read entire message

The reason I said I would not touch augold was because of the problems I now have. Not realizing it was my fault for not completely reading the installation succesful mesage in full. Genenraly when you install files from the same authors they install the same way. Once I see the complete message I am gone.

Sorry about that.

If I remove the files from ORBX directory and FSX Scenery files, I assume that still will not restore any of my original scenery or any changes the program may haved made in my computer?

As I sit here I am pretty sure I will have to refomat my hard drives I dont understand why this program affected my scenery textures making them slightly blurry.

Larry

No, if you do as above all should be well. It is simply that by not turning off the FTX mode your terain.cfg file has been wrongly amended. When I install ANY addon I always back up my terrain.cfg file firts, just in case.

Norman

Archived