My New toy has finally arrived !

It took a lil bit longer but then the sweeter when one can finally puts his hands on it ;D

mobo~ ASUS Striker II Extreme

CPU~Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 s775

CPU Cooler~Scythe Mugen CPU Cooler

RAM~4Gig Team eXtreem DARK RAM DDR3 1600MHz PC3 12800 C7-7-7-21-2T

HD's~5x Seagate Barracuda 500G SATAII 7.200rpm

VCA~EVGA-GeForce 9800GTX SSC 512MB

PSU~BeQuiet 700W ATX V2.2 PSU Straight Power, 24/20pins, active pfc, 2xpci-e, 8xsata, 4x12V Rails

SC~Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series

DVDR~2x Samsung DVD RW+/-DL SH230P black

OS~Windows XPproSP3 UKversion

case~Antec Performance One P182

I think it should be OK for the next week or so ;)

Now off to get everything tweaked installed tested etc etc

I think all computer vendors should give FSX away with their systems.  It is the only reason I upgrade anything  because it is capable of bringing the most powerful systems to their knees.  I think it would make them money.

Wolter ... I'm green with envy.

My E6600, P965, 4G Ram, 8800GTX (768Mb) is showing its age (18 months) - somehow seemed like lightning when I first got it!

BTW That is by current standards, not a toy but a BEAST!

Thankx guys for the friendly (and green) comments ;D;)

found the first bug, they forgot to activate all 4 cores ......... ::) just did that myself worked a treat :D

first installing all the needed parafanalia, when that is up and running I'll start with fsX .................  :P

Activating all 4 cores - I asume thats an OS thing not a h/w thing right? Hows that done?

cool, does sounds neat, cant wait to see some of your screen shots from your new system, and Mango's new 280 card in a couple weeks.  Perfect timing for getting great pics of AU Green when it comes out.

Mate that sounds like a sick system. The motherboard you bought... damn $$ as much as my Q6600, Ram and motherboard combined which I am going to get once the tax cheque arrives in a few weeks....

The benefits I suppose of shilling out $4500 this year on IT courses... I gotta get some of it back :)

Here is my lower end system I was going to purchase

Q6600 - $227 from Umart (may change this to the E9300 depending on prices when I buy)

Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4  - $243 from Umart

G.Skill 5-5-5-15 2x2GB  PC6400 (4GB) - $130 from Umart

Will use this store as they offer a discount if you order over the web, and have never experienced any issues from them ever when having a fault. Plus their prices majority of times are some of the lowest.

I believe the cheapest I could find the Striker II was over $550... And that would have blown my budget..  but it does look damn nice.

As for Video I will use my current MSI HD3870 OC 512 Card which handles FSX very nicely. Might get a second and run in Crossfire as the cards have dropping in price for a single GPU card in a very big way.

Some screenies mate once you get a chance... would like to see some of the magic you should be able to produce with that system.

Brad

Brad,

Thankx for the friendly coments :)

what I can say is get a mobo that has future potential, that Gigabite is a good mobo, also a good PSU, for the moment you could go for the price worthy CPU and always upgrade in a later stage when the price for that "faster" one comes down again as they always do ;)

I'm still on the read and learn mode here as the *beep* manual for the mobo is over 200 pages of very fine print ! so as soon as I think it's worth it I'll toss up some screenies 8)

Archived