One 1940's style Military Airport

Kilstorm

I highly consider Orbx the leading scenery developer for FSX.  At the same time I feel the same way about A2A simulations for aircrafts.  While a DC3 or DH2 from them would be amazing, they seem to be more focused on the 1940 style military planes.

So how great would it be if Orbx were to do just one military base (doesnt matter where in the world) all done in a 1940 feel and look thus combine the leading scenery developerswith the leading aircraft developers.  End result is to give the immersion of the 1940s.  The base could extend out into the surrounding area with the old cars and things like that.

Add in People Flow with squads marching around the base.

A step back in time with two of the most forward leaders in the business.

I am pretty sure that there are many 2nd world war type bases and airfields availble from UK forums, sorry just can't remember which one's but just do a search and I am sure you will find them.

Cheers  Dan

Yes I have dreamed about doing something like that, an island in the pacific with 1940s style everything, camouflage nets draped over aircraft, 44gl drums, jeeps, 40s jazz music blaring from the wind-up record player

I'd say the Solomon Islands would fit nicely in that idea as a sandbox of airstrips.  If Orbx did the FTX style of scenery then added HD airstrips that could be a nice sandbox and would not only bring in another market, those who like flying military planes such as those A2A ones but also work into the area of Australia and the coming NZ.

Posted Image

Or perhaps just a small one location spot to see how it works like Hickham AAF.  I found some good links to help with the look and feel of it during that time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Their Barracks.

Posted Image

Tent City.

Posted Image

Post HQ

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those were found here>

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/AAF/7Dec41/index.html

Heres another link for all Bases during WW2 era in the US.

http://www.airfieldsdatabase.com/WW2/WW2.htm

Not sure about other locations.

Archived