Fried ...

Jay Kae

PMPL.... I just fried my Alienware to kingdom come, that is what you get when you forget that you have disabled the temperature alerts due to a test that got rudely interrupted by a phonecall ;) Time for a new computer me thinks, now to bring the news to the little lady... I just bought this one at the end of last year and only got it delivered beginning of this year ;D I am not having much luck off late, first my yoke and now this one..... I will have to cough up blood for this one whahahaha

Ouch! I feel for you... but then again its a great excuse to get a new one!

Hope your luck changes soon, might be an idea to start buying lotto tickets because when it turns it may REALLY turn.  ;D

Butch

Not sure yet, the liquid cooling burst as well so I am gonna have to check every component seperately on performance and whether or not it is still working, chip and mobo are gone though and there is a wonderful smell in my office... we'll see... will get back and let ya guys know :)

PMPL.... I just fried my Alienware to kingdom come, that is what you get when you forget that you have disabled the temperature alerts due to a test that got rudely interrupted by a phonecall ;) Time for a new computer me thinks, now to bring the news to the little lady... I just bought this one at the end of last year and only got it delivered beginning of this year  ;D I am not having much luck off late, first my yoke and now this one..... I will have to cough up blood for this one whahahaha

Better garage the Merc for a while Jay.

Hey...same thing happened to me last week only it seemed to happen overnight. Went to startup up the PC for work and .....no pwer. Zip.

Took the box into a shop to put in another PSU and.....blows another PSU (3 times!!). :o

As I have a lot of work commitments I couldn't waste any time trying to fix the problem - motherboard probably, ANOTHER  powersupply, fault/fried chip ??? So I quickly got online and came up with a Q9550 on a Gigabyte EP35-DS3P MOBO.

Finally I'm up and running and itching to get all the FSX goodies installed.

The strange thing is -  a few days before this happened I decided to shell out on a WD USB 350GB drive and do a major backup  ::)....Lesson learnt.

Archived