Problems with reinstall of PNW and NRM

wolfko

Happy New Year to everybody!

Due to some issues with my new graphics card I uninstalled FSX incl. all my ORBX products completely.

Now, after having FSX SP2 reinstalled again I’m having troubles to reinstall PNW & NRM (haven’t tried to reinstall the Lancair, PF, AU Blue & Gold again).

Installation runs fine until the point FTX central should be started. I then always get an error message the FTX Central couldn’t be started and I’m asked if the problem should be reported to MS.

I have to admit though that the first time I tried to reinstall PNW my McAffee asked me at the point when FTX Central should be launched, if the access to the server should be granted. Unfortunately I accidently hit the wrong button and denied the access – then the error message appeared.

In every subsequent try to  reinstall PNW or NRM, McAffee has not asked for permission anymore only the  MS error-message appeared. Could McAffee have put FTX Central onto a “Black List†or similar? Closing McAffee and disabling the firewall doesn’t make any difference though.

My OS is Win XP 32.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Wolfgang

Archived