--REX Coral & Real World Wave Simulation--

timest

Guest Private-Cowboy

Although it looks incredibly stunning (have to give you that) I've to ask what the heck does that have to do here. I haven't seen a single frame of FTX related stuff in the vid so why is this a community video for FTX??? I know others don't care but this kinda marketing of yours is starting to annoy me. Does REX not have an own webpage for such a purpose???

Guest Private-Cowboy

So is the forum a place for commercial advertising now? Don't get me wrong, I like the looks of REX and what it might bring to FSX some day but I think forums should not be flooded with preview images and videos, esp. when a dedicated site is available for such a cause.

I just don't like the idea of this wonderful forum becoming another fs2004.com and by that a place for thousands of previews of non-FTX products. I know you don't care about that but I don't like the way things went. I miss the days when forums were a place where you could chat with fellow simmers instead of a place where people wait for the next preview image/video of some future product.

I just don't get that, products like REX, FEX and others have their own sites. And those are not nearly updated as often as preview threads on independent forums. Why on earth is that so? What are you trying to achieve? You already got me annoyed and I bet I'm not the only one. Maybe I'm just brave enough to say it or maybe I'm just too dumn to see the use and benefit of such actions.  ::)

I dont care what PC says, this is awesome, I was already interested, but now I am just plain salivating!, Tim, is there any facility in what your package has to be able to develop sized waves or swell? as in bad weather waves etc? that is one thing as a rescue enthusiast like a few others here that FSX has never been able to deliver, even as a VFR trip fro anyone makes it pretty crappy to look down during a hellacious storm and see nothing but calm water below when you know thats not possible during a big storm over water.

Cheers

AC

No P-C,

The forums are NOT a public advertisement site.

Tim has the clearance to post this here as there is a very close cooperation between FTX and REX,

apart from that I do not understand what you get so worked up about, relax mate, life is to short to waste on negative vibes ;)

Well, PC.  I found the OP very informative.  Looks like an essential addon for FTX Green!  I would never have seen it over on a REX or FEX site.  I hope new Iris/Realair/Aerosoft planes are advertised here, too.

I bought FEX a few weaks ago. It's very good, but REX is drawing more attention to me. I have to say the SHD update for FEX it's not on my taste. The SHD clouds looks way too unrealistic to me and eats a lot of FPS.

I do have something on my mind though. I'm thinking what will it be if the program FEX or REX could actually install all cloud and water textures (rather than selecting and installing them individually)  and use them depending on the weather? I mean in FEX for example you choose what ever type of cloud texture you like. But if you select a white cloud texture and the weather changes to storm, the clouds should be darker and grayish in texture, yet they remain same white and doesn't fit with the stormy weather. Also the water animation. If I choose calm it remains calm instead of changing automatically into pronounced violent waves. I know it takes some programing and maybe FSX has it's own limitations, but think...What will it be?

P.S. I'm sorry for my english. I hope you get my point. Cheers.

Yea, I have FEX and the new update, and its great, but still like seeing info about REX and it looks amazing also.  Can never have to much info about other products even it competes directly with the product you own.  Iam sure if there was another addon for FTX they would show it here, and would make FTX even better. 

Just like the competition between FEX and REX is making both of these packages better.  My two cents worth.  But anyway, great video. 

• 4 weeks later...

Enjoy everyone ;)

http://www.vimeo.com/1212265

Be sure to set the HD option to "ON", and for the extra punch, click the lower right icon on the player... full screen ;)

Cheers.

Wow Tim!!! :o  :o

I used to work on Lizard Island in Queensland. I flew quite often from Cairns to Lizard  ;D . I swear flying over the Great Barrier Reef Looked EXACTLY like that. P C..........just imagine this with FTX Green and you will understand why this had to be shown here!!!!!!!!!! If you still can not get excited you may indeed be on your own!!!  ???

Tim, thank you very much for producing this preview. Do not let one negative comment stop you to show more. Just let us know how we can combine these textures with ASX from HIFI!  :-\

All the best  God bless

Alfred

Also please note we are working on adding the Great Barrier Reef to AU GREEN.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Is Lizard Islands ALA also part of Green ::)? It actually has a daily Qantas Link flight from Cairns. Usually Twin Otters bring in wealthy Tourist to the Resort.

I used to work as Executive Chef there for about 5 years. In my job as Group Exec. Chef I used to fly myself to a lot of the "Qantas Islands" (they have sold them a while ago...unfortunately) with airstrips (Lizard Isl. Dunk Isl.) These where the days!!!

Maybe now is the time to do it again "virtually"! Thank you for all you have done and the vision you have to make it possible!

Regards and God bless  ;)

Alfred

P.S. Wether it is or not, please do not see this as a demand just as a sign of excitement!!!  ;D  :-X

• 2 weeks later...

That looks amazing, I have to ask though, what is that going to do to my frames !?!?

something that looks that good is gonna cost me frames for sure.... damnnnn

Thanks, but the textures you see in that video are default FSX sizes.. so no more of an affect than you already have.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Wow, thas pretty impressive stuff.

Rollon Nehalem and the 2066 FSB!

Frank

P.S. Tim, loved the vid but wasn't keen on the music, but then again, I'm an old fart, so there you are!

G'day Frank - as another ol'fart I just love the sound track

Also I am using you as an excuse to give this a well deserved BUMP in light of recent announcement - this may even create a problem with the MOF ::)

just a note to P-C -no need for me to use any other forum because anything that is worth its weight has a habit of appearing here. I dont see advertising here, I see yet another worthwhile piece of information that will improve my sim experience. Just listening to the guys opinions soon sorts out the good from the rubbish.  Tims product is one most of us will be using , I feel sure about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived