What an adventure!

Bandit

A mate came to me in a panic this morning and asked if I could do him a huge favour and rush a package for him to Launceston.

Seems he had found a potential investor for the latest invention he'd been working on and they wanted to see it right away.

Since he was a mate, the weather was good and he was paying the fuel bill I was happy for the excuse to take my Liberty XL for a run

so I said yes!

I headed out to Moorabin. Got the bird out of her private hanger and departed for the 'Apple Isle'.

Posted Image

Weather enroute was perfect - a great day for flying.

Posted Image

Soon I was leaving the great brown land and headed SSE out across the Tasman ocean.

Posted Image

Nothing but water - Man I'd hate to have to ditch here! Fuel's good, engine's good, no land so no choice - I press on!

Posted Image

Land in sight!

Posted Image

Following the track South down the Tamar River ...

Posted Image

I soon have Launceston in sight...

Posted Image

On the downwind leg

Posted Image

Left turn onto finals..

Posted Image

As I taxi to the terminal the place seems deserted except for two rather suspicious looking men who seem anxious about my arrival.

One guy's on the phone and he's gesticulating for me to hurry up.

Posted Image

I think to myself "This looks sus. What sort of 'investments' are these guys into?"

Posted Image

The guy on the phone looks like a drug baron and he's brought his 'muscle'.

I dont chance it. I gun the engine and taxi out and depart pronto.

Posted Image

Wait until I get my hand on that 'mate' - he's got some explaining to do!!

I saw that dude on the phone last week. I'd hate to see his bill. Oh well, I guess all that COKE he is waiting on will pay for it. Yer right, he looks like a drug baron. LOL

I Know, I know, he's on the phone to some guy at Caboolture airport. I saw him yesterday and thought he was suspicious too, so i called homeland security.

I didn't hang around to see the gophers arrive so I'm not sure if they got him or not..........hahaha

I think it's the coffee and the late nights....

Frank

Archived