Megatexture

Mark Abdey

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By looking at these pictures i can undesrtand why You call this Megatexture!! But: They way this texture is presented here by You, RedLine, makes it astonishingly beautiful to me!! Thanks for sharing!!!

have a pleasant flight

No, just my silly title for the thread  ::)

It was a vague kind of reference to ID's 'megatexture' tech in their current and upcoming graphics engines... and a bit of humour surrounding the names developers give their technology.

And a compliment to Orbx for the quality of their texture artists.... naturally  ;)

Sorry to confuse  :)

Sorry to be out in the cold.... but what is Megatexture? Is this somehting in development?  ???

Glad you like the textures Redline. Thanks for the compliment. What you are looking at there is very much a combined effort. The visual effect is not just me making the textures. It's also Martin's landclass placement.  Mixing up the (pasture) classes randomly like this makes the scenery much more natural and attractive in appearence.

What you are looking at there is very much a combined effort. The visual effect is not just me making the textures. It's also Martin's landclass placement.  Mixing up the (pasture) classes randomly like this makes the scenery much more natural and attractive in appearence.

Absolutely, and I appreciate that... the visual effect this creates is very cleverly done as it doesn't have the feeling of landclass, with relatively few hard seams to distract the eye; in fact, large swaths of land look more like a pure photoscenery product than landclass.

Great spotting Redline, I always enjoy your screenies mate.

Just shows how years of practise and a great artistic eye all come together to create this incredible Scenery, Hats of to Matt and Martin, and lets not forget Tim's subtlety here with the Autogen, great work fellas

cheers

Ken

Archived