elevation issues/FTX central

ShawnG

NRM 87694

KORS 87436

PFJ 82778

PNW 51980

Oz Blue & Red 20582

Oz Gold YPEC YHBA 35550

In an effort to try my new IRIS RAAF PC9 in its natural environment, I recently switched over to FTX oz for a few flights after being almost entirely NA for quite a while.  while flying around Uluru I noticed some strange terrain mounds that I thought were a problem, and attempted to "fix" them by running the Oz SP3 file, because I wasn't sure that I had done that at my last system install.  I also ran a few flights in the Vulcan over in default Blighty, and returned to my beloved NA to fly some more in the new rockies scenery only to find several airports had plateau runways, and many objects looked suspiciously like default, even though FTX NA was checked in the control panel.

Now I did read several other posts describing this, and I did perform the requested action for those posts,  namely deleting the  elevation adjustment files from scenery/world/scenery and letting them rebuild by putting ftx back to default, and then resetting to NA.  this didn't work, and interestingly when I switched back to NA none of the elevation files reappeared in the scenery/world/scenery folder again.  I do notice that my current version of FTX central is 1020 from june of 2009, so the newest version was probably overwritten when I ran the Oz sp3 patch...

Is this my problem?  and is there any way of reinstalling the current version short of uninstalling PFJ and/or NRM and reinstalling?  any help would be appreciated

Hi Shawn,

looks like you went a bit overboard and deleted all elevation adjustment files instead of just duplicates.

There are backups in \ORBX\Scripts\Custom.na\OFF. Set FTX Central to North America then copy and paste the full set of files in the OFF folder into \Scenery\World\scenery.

Cheers, Holger

I didn't get a whole lot of chance to test, but restoring those files from the script folder did appear to fix the elevations.  interestingly that folder only had files for NRM and PFJ,  not PNW. I will double check that area soon.  the textures and autogen objects though, still look a bit wrong.  should my version of ftx central show version 1020 from june 2009 or should that be different?  if I get a chance I'll see if I can grab some screenies to show.

Ok thanks Holger.  I deleted and reinstalled PNW, patched it, and installed the libraries, and I do appear to be in good shape at the moment.  for some reason, all of the pnw elevation files aren't in the backup/off folder,  but the reinstall did do the trick.  thanks again

Archived