Launceston Taz. You gotta see this.

Turnip

I just flew around Launceston (TAZ) and there are two dudes at the door of the terminal. There's one, moving around and talking on his cell phone and another fat dude. He's obviously been eating at the airport too much.

BTW: What's with the billboard advertising MSFS???  Shouldn't it read FTX????

Brilliant, Awesome. Check out the approach from the south, I think they have added more stuff there too, small trees, bush's, the south esk river. This will be home field for a while, just love it, thanks guys

I have a private HD 50cm/pixel version of the airport ground terrain installed on my laptop. I did not release it because it's quite a large file.

Tell you what though, the best screenshot of YMLT will score themselves a copy of my YMLT-HD ;)

Is this a secret contest only for those who view this thread?  :D

Boy, I hope whoever wins shares the file with me, though it smells like a can of worms, cuz I'm sure everybody is going to want one!

You know, if that file is smaller than 50MB, I could unofficially host it for those that are interested.  :D

I'll get to work on my screenshot though.

John, why not just make that "special" ground texture available to all that have the room for it?

Or is it just too big to use up space on a server?

just curious.

Dave

Currently at 100% compression it is a 400MB file, and we don't have the bandwidth to spare with the demand on our servers following 1.2 release. I might do a 95% version which should see the size come down to about 250MB or so. Watch this space - rather busy atm working on YMML ;)

thanks for the under 2 minute reply.

ya I thought there was a legit reason.

Now back to work for the lot of you slackers  ;)

Great job on 1.2 more than I hoped for!!

You've made my Monday tour possibilities almost endless  thanks.

Dave

p.s have a GREAT weekend, ALL Devs deserve it!!

John, why not just make that "special" ground texture available to all that have the room for it?

Or is it just too big to use up space on a server?

just curious.

Dave

Currently at 100% compression it is a 400MB file, and we don't have the bandwidth to spare with the demand on our servers following 1.2 release. I might do a 95% version which should see the size come down to about 250MB or so. Watch this space - rather busy atm working on YMML ;)

Crazy suggestion I know, but why not distribute an unofficial 'extra' extra like this via P2P? The link would still come from here, and the love could be shared along with the bandwidth.

The only reason I suggest something like this is because it sounds like it's too big for you to release as an official extra, yet I am sure many would love to get their hands on it.

I don't suppose it's been given the work over (eg. seasons & stuff) like the offical version? (or am I dreaming ;D)

Love Launnie Airport now! Did a nice clean VFR flight from Hobart to Launceston in the 737, everything about the flight was just picture perfect, apart from my sketchy approach... but the graphics were lovely!  ;D

Archived