First vid. for me....

alainneedle1

OK so I decided to try to make a vid. nothing fancy since I don't have any editing tools.  no Track IR no nothing just FSX and Orbx....so I downloaded fraps (trial version) and I made a 30 sec. vid with Orbx scenery...next time I'll use Fraps full version with Track IR and I'll try my hands at making a vid. with music and the whole 9 yard....

Thank you Holger, I think the vid. is smoother watching it directly from you tube....I think.....what's a good software to make vid. like the guys here?

Using the free stuff is not a bad place to start IMO, and then you can decided whether it's something you want to do more of. For reference here are a few things to look into (all of which I use)...

• FsRecorder - records the flight data as does the built in record function in FSX, but it also records AI aircraft and enable you to playback and record multiple flights so you can effectively fly with a recording of yourself in additional aircraft. FREE
  • EzDok - not essential but it gives you more scope with camera positions/angles and effects not possible with the built in camera positions. PAYWARE.
  • Sony Movie Studio Platinum 10 - Video editting software. I found the initial learning curve a little steep/tricky with this, but the more I use it the more I like it. PAYWARE. As alternative you could start with Windows Movie maker which is FREE, albeit limited it's not bad for getting a feel for whether or not you want to invest in editing software.

A quick tip, having used FsRecorder to record your flight, play it back and use mouse-look to look around rather than the HAT switch on your joystick, you can achieve a more fluid and natural look of head movement. Most importantly just spend lots of time experimenting both in terms of video footage you capture and then editing of thereafter. A good thing to remember is that less is usually more, using too many effects etc. and the clip can become messy and irritating to the viewer as does having a clips or scenes within the clip that are too long, I often find myself being quite brutal in cutting out scenes that although I may like, cause the whole video to be drawn out for too long. Have fun!  8)

you have a very nice computer =) looking very smooth !

If you really get into video editing for Flight sim i would suggest to ask Santa for Sony Vegas. It s money, but it is also a very intuitive and easy access program, especially for the basic options.  You can even find tutorials on Internet. That s actually how i learned the basics.

Archived