[ANSWERED] PNW after PFJ - Caution! Newbie question inside!

FlavioSSA

Hello!

I´m new in the OrbX world. I bought the PFJ last week and i must say that it was the best buy i made for FSX. Impressive! Even in my machine that is not a so powerful one.

I´m so impressed with the scenery that i´ll buy the PNW package too. So, here is my question:

If i have already the PFJ installed, is there any problem in install the PNW AFTER it? Is there any special hint because i don´t know if there is an order for the instalation?

Sorry, as i said i´m new in the OrbX world!  :D

Thanks!

Hi flaviossa

I don't believe there should be any problems. I installed PNW then PFJ, the reverse order to you, I experienced no problems at all.

Don't forget to install the latest PNW update & OrbxLIBS from Orbx Support page. Just make sure that the OrbxLIBS is the LAST thing you install ie. PFJ, PNW THEN OrbxLIBS.

OrbxLIBS is quite frequently updated, it gives you all the little extra scenery things at the airports eg flowers, grass rabbits? etc

Enjoy the scenery

Hi and pleased to hear that you are bitten by the FTX bug :)

as for installing the PNW after PFJ, it shouldn't be a problem, not sure if the PNW is allready updated to SP.002 or not, but in case when you get PNW make sure to get the patches available here => http://fullterrain.com/support.html and when finished that do not forget to install the latest library files, to date this is 101104

have fun and looking forward to your screenshots ;D

There's a post here somewhere about installation order, but the upshot is that it doesn't really matter.  The key is to remember to install the latest libraries after any other scenery installation (if the latest library isn't part of the scenery you just installed).  These libraries are always available as a separate download from the FTX site. 

One thing you'll discover as you get more of these wonderful scenery products is that Orbx isn't like most of the other addons out there where what you've installed or not installed and FSX file structures themselves can make things finicky and cause trouble.  I'm not sure how they have worked this out, but their way of doing things makes for the most trouble free FSX installation experience for almost everyone.  And you can see from my sig that I certainly have enough of their products to have tested this out pretty well.  Never a hitch. 

Archived