Disappearing Textures

tennyson

Devs, Please help!

Over the past week or so, I am gradually losing all of my aircraft textures. At first it was just some outside textures on some aircraft but now it is affecting my main payware aircraft and it seems to be affecting more and more a/c.

here are some pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After buying my last AU Gold, I tweaked my config file as per the FTX pdf file and evrything appeared fine after i did that a while ago, so I'm not sure if I overtweaked something there.

I have played around with the display settings in FSX (checked it with AA off and AA on) but to no avail.

I am running the very latest NVIDIA drivers, Alacrity and nHnancer.

Any suggestions would help.......thanx

Frank

Strange.. I am having a similar problems, but only with the Carenado Centurion.. the panel has partly disappeared.. I thought it was a tweak that caused it.. but come to think of it, I loaded the latest nvidia drivers about the same time.. I still have the previous drivers so I will roll it back and see what happens.. Standby one.. Teecee.

Just went and checked.. my problems are fixed.. but I remember doing a system restore around that time.. Mozza, old mate.. would that roll the drivers back??? Teecee.

Wolter,

I'm running Vista 64 bit, all the updates for windows (including SP1), Blue and Gold FTX, and the FSX expansion pack too (acceleration).

I use O&O defrag regularly and always have nHancer running and prior to start-up I run alacrity.

I'm also not short of gpu power. I'm running 2 x NVIDIA 9800 gx2's in SLI, so my frame rates are really good (normally anywhere between 20-50 fps and in a city 10-20). I'm also running a matrox triple head2 go unit but none of that really matters as I've had no probs until the last few days.

Ok, here's an update. I just went and checked that the "shadow thingy" was off and it wasn't, so I thought, aha....the answer, but it only fixed part of the problem.

I still have a generic FSX Agusta that has a see through panel and my beech baron has a body now but in the cockpit it has no wing or engine.

Hmmm....

Frank

Have you tried to roll back your vid card drivers. I know that the 9800GX2 DX10 drivers are very much still a work in progress, even more so when SLI'd (effectively 4 GPU's SLI'd). ie the textures might be calling a particular process which isn't well coded in the current driver, that might in term result in a null return (either because there is a problem with coding of the process, or that the process is assigned to the "wrong" GPU), ie transparent.

Good suggestion, mate, but I'm reluctant to roll back Nvidia drivers. I've never had a problem with them before (not to say that isn't the problem) so why now.

Everything had been working fine until about a week ago.

I hear there might be a new Nvidia driver out again so I'll go check and see if that fixes it.

Thanx for the help, fellas

Frank

Archived