[RESOLVED: Hotfix 003] AUBLUE mission hotfix missing from AUBLUE SP1?

robmw

Hi,

Although I purchased blue and gold when they were released I've only just had the time to start enjoying them. So one of the first things I tried was the mission...

It seems I have the problem which was reported a while back with the mission not running properly but which was reported fixed and rolled into AUBLUE SP1. As far as I can make out there are no updates to the mission files after 4 March in my FSX installation which implies the fixed mission hasn't been installed, comparing with the dates in the original forum posts. To try to confirm this I re-installed SP1 to a new location just to see what files it contained. I realise that this isn't conclusive since I don't know exactly what the installer is doing but I can see the main scenery folders etc. with the updated files as expected. However, there are NO mission folders which suggests to me that the fix is missing from SP1. Can anyone throw any light on this, or repost the original hotfix? This is obviously not a big deal but it would be nice to fly the mission as a starter if possible  :)

From the limited amount I've seen so far though, great product and well worth the price.

(For the record I have AUBLUE, AUBLUE freeware, AUBLUE SP1 and UAGOLD installed in that order. My FSX is SP2, no Acceleration pack.)

Many thanks,

Rob

The mission for AUBlue is installed into the ORBX folder in the missions sub-directory of fsx I'm not sure what version got rolled into sp1.

The orignal version of the mission used some Acceleration features (Camera) and in the hot fix this camera was removed.

I'll check with John and will get the hotfix reinstated if it wasn't shipped in sp1.

Steve

Many thanks guys for the quick reply - works perfectly  :)

Now to play the mission and then start exploring. With the price of fuel these days FTX may be the only way I get to see Australia!

Rob (in the rather wet UK)

Archived