PFj and NRM payware airports

marshkop

Hey devs, are there going to be any payware airports for PFj and NRM if so do you have any in mind. I know it depends on certain things but I gotta ask. My request would be from Prince G. down the fraser valley to all the towns in a row. They are about 100 to 150kms apart. I've done this trip many times in my friends cessna 172, without radios.  As long as you call ahead and let them know your comming, they'll be ready for you. So we would fly from Quesnel, (pronounced Kwenel) sorry its french, to Williams Lake (we locals call it Willies puddle), to 100mile House, ( the coldest and highest elevation of the caribou), to Cash Creek ( The Desert). Of course the Okanogan is very popular also, but mabey a coastal run starting at Stewart and end in Squamish. Possibilities are abound. 

Holger sir, there is a little village about 45min. or about 65kms east of Quesnel called Barkerville. Its a goldrush town of the 1800s. Very western style and there is an airport there. I've flown with the forestry there. I also firefought in that area when I was a kid. Big tourist attraction and very cool. Its situated in a valley with quite steep terrain on both sides of the town.  How does it look in NRM, is there any plans for the proper buildings and such there. Would be very cool to take bob thru there.

There is also a private strip just outside of Boston Bar in the fraser canyon about 10kms north on the righthand side of the highway (97). Is it inclluded.  I ask because I drive by it about 2-3x a yr on our way to visit relatives up north in Quesnel. I often daydream of taking off or landing there as I drive by. It's just a field and nothing else.

Ah good question cvearl.

My friend, for a yr or so, flew without a radio in his plane. The airports were never open when we went flyin. He always told me he his radio was getting fixed. I dont know cause I didnt know anything about flyin. I just liked it.  I guess I was lucky, I had friends whom had planes. I am quite legaly blind and would never in a million yrs be able get my licence. But every one I go up with knows me quite well and graciously say's " take the wheel " I never turned that down. Obviously I cant take off and land, but I can do something in between right?  ;)

In Quesnel the Airport has gone thru many changes from the 60s to know. They couldnt afford to pay the airport personel full time wages, so the airport was only open 2hrs a day mon fri. How do you call the tower when know one is there?. I believe Prince George is the only northern caribou municipal airport that is open 7days a week, and as many hrs as it is open. This was also a few yrs ago so info isnt new, but from being from that area, I dont things have changed much.

Hi Marshkop,

no decisions have been made yet on add-on airports for NRM and PFJ. Suggestions are welcomed but, as always, any project depends on availability of high-resolution aerial imagery and ground photography as well as the interest and time of one or more of our airport developers.

Barkerville isn't going to get any special treatment in the initial release of NRM but the airstrip is included.

The Boston Bar unlisted airstrip will be included; I just drove by it last week and continues to be kept clean and mowed because it's often used as a fire base by helicopters.

Cheers, Holger

Yeah Yeah,.......Hey I`m with you on B.C. Canada. I`ll buy everyone just watch and see :o I think the kootenay region is nice as well. Was there this summer,...stunning country along with the little town of Nelson and the famous Kootenay Glacier(something to behold in real life). Real tricky GA airport at Nelson. I hope they consider some of those towns with their charm and close proximity to the USA.

Please,...Please,...more B.C. Muni`s

W

Archived