My beautiful yoke :(

Jay Kae

Last night we were moving the office around a bit because we bought a new desk that had to be constructed in the office else it would not have fitted through the door, now all parts were sitting spread out but what I had not noticed was that the main desktop was sitting a little bit over where the door would open, my yoke and quadrant were sitting on the floor... I think you can imagine what happened next :( The desktop keeled over and flattened my yoke and quadrant to pieces because one of the kids opened the door, not their fault, it was entirely my fault, still I am very sad :'(

not their fault, it was intirely my fault,

Entirely not Intirely, just a FYI

hard luck on that one, i guess its not possible for a warranty job, dipping into the pockets again one thinks, bad luck

Thank you Bazzam for your offer but my lovely better half has gone out this morning for other things and informed me that she has bought a new one ( Sorry Adrian, I wanted to order one from you ! )

@Dave, remember I am an unpaid member of the OrbX Team, out of principle :)

;D Thank You, Mrs. JayKae!  Flight simmers everywhere love you!  You've saved your husband from the dreaded "simmers withdrawals" !

Sue

lol mine is quite understanding of my addiction and as a matter of fact has contributed to it quite significantly as well :)

Fact: Sharon is the default voice for the program known as FsPassengers :)

Fact: She never lets me live it down either

Fact: I love her more than anything and without her blessing I would not be able to do what I do, work-wise and FS-wise

Yeah I'm very fortunate as well to have a wife that supports me and my flight sim addiction.

Speaking of yokes etc - I was looking at getting the Saitek Pro Flight one with Throttle Quadrant.  Has anyone got one of these?  If so, good quality?

Can anyone suggest a good oz online store that might sell this at a good price?

Back on topic - my wife supports the flight sim (bought me pedals for my birthday), but sometimes catches me simming when I'm supposed to be mowing the lawn, etc - that's when I run for hte cupboard (even though there isn't one in my office!).

Work/Life/Sim balance. :)

Cheers,

Matt.

JayKae - I did notice FlightSimStore sold them - (updated) the price they quote means you also have to add minimum $35 -$50 postage as well. 

This brings is it up to $335 which is about $130 more AU than buying it off ebay in the US - I've seen it for about $130US + $60US in postage but I'm worried about potential warranty issues (lack of) buying from US.

BTW Bad luck on the yoke accident mate.

I learnt to fly on Cessna C152's (VH-TLN and TLQ) and did my navs on A Warrior (VH-XLV).

I bought the SaiteK Pro and Throttle Quadrant because it replicates what I used in my training.

My wife is very understanding - I had to bribe her with 3 nights in Mecure Hotel in George Street, and tickets to "Billy Eliot" before I could buy the Saitek.

Makes it a damn expensive hobby!

Thank you Bazzam for your offer but my lovely better half has gone out this morning for other things and informed me that she has bought a new one ( Sorry Adrian, I wanted to order one from you ! )

What tha? I am going to have to speak to that missus of yours lol :D

@Grocs - Shipping starts at $6.95 in Aus, but depends where you are. You can use this as a guide to work out how much shipping will cost.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/shipping_rates.php

What tha? I am going to have to speak to that missus of yours lol :D

@Grocs - Shipping starts at $6.95 in Aus, but depends where you are. You can use this as a guide to work out how much shipping will cost.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/shipping_rates.php

My shipping cost me $17 odd bucks. I have just bought the Pro Flight Yoke and love it. With shipping and discount it was still cheaper than buying from a store.

Also buying from Adrian you know you are going to get quality backup not ebay nonsense or a 15 year old who can't even spell FS let alone know where to start to help you if you have troubles.

P.S. No offence to the 15yr olds who can spell FS.

Archived