Missing town

Aceshigh

Hi..  I went gold prospecting to the historic town (village between Bathurst & Mudgee NSW) of Hill End last weekend and was sad to not be able to find it in AUblue.

I was flying over the NSW gold mining area of Hill End and my FS Widget Gmap said I was right over the town but it was just forest and a few roads below.

Unless the Gmap is wrong..  but its based on google maps Im told?

Any chance of adding the little gold mining towns like Hill End and all their mines shalfs and diggings.  They would add so much in character and fun to the AU Blue.

thanks.

Hill End link:

http://www.walkabout.com.au/locations/NSWHillEnd.shtml

The Gmap links in case anyone aks:

http://fswidgets.com/shop/download_files.php

http://fswidgets.com/download/fsw_gmap_10.zip

Hi...I reckon check again after you download and instal the service pack thats just been released....I did a quick flight around my old area down in Victoria and found some new towns had appeared that were once bare (or as good as).  Otherwise if asked nicely enough they may include it in the second service pack. ;D

Dreamnugget

I have installed the SP1 update but still these little towns like Hill End are not there at all. 

.... or is HillEnd part of the AU Gold lower area ?   

My gmap shows Im over the town.

Posted Image

but in the FlightSim nothing is there ?

Posted Image

No need to be smart ass's about it..  lol

I did ask in my post:

"Any chance of adding the little gold mining towns like Hill End and all their mines shalfs and diggings.  They would add so much in character and fun to the AU Blue."

Did I not?

"Created in painstaking detail from aerial photos"  read this somewhere on the AUBlue pages? 

Now do you want user requests and feedback or not? 

;)

Well if you ask it very very very nicely to the dev's maybe , someone wil honour you request , but don't get your hopes up as they are up to their eyeballs in work for Green, Red and the other project currently under construction.

As for the "Created in painstaking detail from aerial photos" part, I think John Venema can answer that best as to wich parts are covered and wich not.

and as for the smart A$$ reamrks , well, we all have our moments  ;D;)

C'mon guys we never ever stated that we would cover every ants hill on the place Wink

I wouldn't call Hill End an Ant Hill, I lived at Hargraves for a while(thats an Anthill). Hill End was up the road a bit and drove through there many times on the way to Bathurst, a very interesting place, I think what Aces was saying that it would add a bit of a nav aid, you get used to looking down when the map says there should be a town,  and seeing one. This is not a criticism as I love FTX, it's just some feedback thats all.

cheers

Rabbit Warren then  ::)

Just been cheeky.... not every dot can be covered and I think most of us understand this ....plus time and all the add ons happening from the Devs, one never knows what around the corner....

Chin up and thanks again for eveyone's input... somtimes it hard to see  humor in the fourms..  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for all the hard work so far Team!!!!

This kind of attitude in a company for it's customers is rare indeed-- so many extra miles-- can anyone doubt Orbx will soon cover the world?  I for one have absolutely none!  Winning the respect and admiration of so many is no small thing... there are a few things

in life that cannot be simulated!!  ;)

Joseph L.

AU BLUE...4066

AU GOLD...6466

This kind of attitude in a company for it's customers is rare indeed-- so many extra miles-- can anyone doubt Orbx will soon cover the world?  I for one have absolutely none!  Winning the respect and admiration of so many is no small thing... there are a few things

in life that cannot be simulated!!  ;)

Joseph L.

AU BLUE...4066

AU GOLD...6466

You Mean rule the World and we will all be Addicted slave to the Master of ORBX.. :-[

Addicted ?  me....  never !      I can quit any time I like...  really,  honest.

Ok just one more go...      ok  ok... just one more go. 

Ok, Ok, Ok,    just one more go.    ;) 

Is there a "FTX anonymous",    Im addicted.      LOL

Is there a "FTX anonymous",     Im addicted.      LOL

I see a Facebook group coming!

And that's why you guys are the king of FLIGHT SIMS! ;)

Like Roy and HG once said, "it looks like they climbed to the top of Mount Everest, added a few meters of dirt, and stood tall".

Wow - that looks great - gives me hope that a small town like Franklin, TAS may be added too - too be fair I haven't flown over there since SP1 was released though.  :)

No need to be smart ass's about it..  lol

I did ask in my post:

"Any chance of adding the little gold mining towns like Hill End and all their mines shalfs and diggings.  They would add so much in character and fun to the AU Blue."

Did I not?

"Created in painstaking detail from aerial photos"  read this somewhere on the AUBlue pages? 

Now do you want user requests and feedback or not? 

;)

I agree. Mining is a decent chunk of AU's economy, and I'd love to see them included :)

Archived