YCNK Audio options disabled

Jon Clarke

In my Control Panel for YCNK I keep getting the audoi enhancement options ( birds, motor, machinery etc) greyed out and it says they are disabled. I have and never do disable them so something is causing this to happen. If I reinstall YCNK then all is well again. I can then fly with the sounds on but if I go back to YCNK in a week or so it will be back to being disabled. All I would have done during that period is :Installed a new FTX update or product and then run the latest Libs, switched from Aus to NA or Default. This is happening repeatedly.

Any ideas? Also any way I can get the options NOT to be greyed out so I can enable them again?

Thanks

Hello,

Normally the greyed out options happens if you re-install YCNK without turning on all the options in the control panel (which creates duplicate files in the YCNK folder)

Can you check your YCNK folder for any Duplicate files ending in .BGL and .OFF?

At the moment, having reinstalled YCNK all is working OK. I was under the impression that the default settings within the control panel set the audio options to ON when installing and that the user then disables if they dont want them. As mentioned in my initial post I have reinstalled YCNK and when I went to the Control Panel the audio options were set to On.

I have checked the cfg and do not have any duplicate bgl files.

This is not a major problem as I know how to fix ( reinstall !!). I posted to see if others have had a similar experience and if they found out what causes it to happen.

Thanks for your help.

Archived