My First Post Here - Love Orbx! (Former Tileproxy User, PNW)

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Well, I have to say, I'm blown away from Orbx.  This is my first post in this community, hoping to share many more with you, as long as you don't mind seeing an A/C in development as well, since it's the only aircraft for the most part I do fly in FSX, unless I fly low and slow at some of the other sceneries ORBX has to offer.

Hope you enjoy this post - this was part of one of my test flights to Concrete, Washington the other night, from Reno, Nevada. 

Downwind Runway 07

Posted Image

Parked at Concrete, a rare visitor to the airfield.

Posted Image

I REALLY enjoy ORBX.  This is from a former Tileproxy user in the region too.  Great job guys. 

Quick question - do I still want to update the libraries even though I just recently bought the product a few months ago and the other airports in July?  Thanks! 

You can expect more "Unique" posts from me as well....

Always looking for new communities to join....

Have a good one all! 

Posted Image

Guest J van E

Quick question - do I still want to update the libraries even though I just recently bought the product a few months ago and the other airports in July?  Thanks! 

Always install the latest library after installing any Orbx stuff or whenever there is a new one released. So if you latest purchase was done in July, yes, get the latest library and install it.

Some kind of plane btw...!

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Thanks for the reply!  I'll have to install it - Downloaded it just in case......

Glad you like the Aircraft!  ;D  That would be our Beechcraft Starship for FSX, a very much W.I.P.

Thanks for the compliments - that's our Starship - it's a WIP right now - very much so - much appreciated! ;) I'll try to, if I can here, keep everyone informed on it's progress when done with out spamming the boards?  Want to follow the rules, of course!

Hi, and welcome. That IS a nice model indeed.

Even if you make small progress and feel the urge to share it with us, you should! :) That won´t be spamming (not ot me), just being enthusiastic, and so are many of us here. I´m sure most of us would be happy to witness any headway you make.

Bjorn

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Thanks John - I usually get more in depth with my posts.  I have one coming up later from Concrete to Boeing Field after I install all the updates and the Ozx stuff as well.  Looking forward to seeing their updates. 

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated! :)

Thanks again for your enthusiasm as well Bjorn....this is our first ever FSX release as well.  Expect 99.9% operational systems, and consulted by a real Starship owner/pilot Robert Scherer for assistance on accuracy.  He's even helping in the Beta Testing, believe it or not.  :o

Guest Ragtopjohnny

You'll be pleased to know as well too - that there is a fictional registration number for Denmark flyers as well, since there was not actual Denmark registrations on the Starship....:)

I believe if you're going to do it, do it right - otherwise there's no sense at all in doing it, like the folks here at Orbx, they apparently have that same policy....:)

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Just added the number as we were typing....  ;)  Figured out how to....:)

Thanks Paul, understand everyone has their tastes in aircraft but appreciate your well wishes on the project....:)

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Thanks Jigsaw, much appreciated!  Glad you like our first A/C in development!

Thanks TenBlade I'll be posting an upcoming trip (all Orbx) Shortly - will try to include more for other countries after the release.  There are plenty of others for free download after our 16 initial with the package....;)

Thanks for being an Orbx customer and best of luck with your project.

Just a heads up on the forums terms of use - we don't allow any FS developers to use these Orbx forums for promotional purposes and to also promote other projects. Once your aircraft is released I am sure the community screenshots will be able to get the message out.

Also, can you remove the link in your signature to Dreamscape Studios please?

Thanks, and welcome!

Hey Ragtopjohnny, great to see another old face over here.

I ran with the handle Mavrocket on the Flightsim.com forums for years before discovering Orbx and spending 90% of my time here now.

Welcome to the community and it's great to see the Starship coming along so nicely!

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Thanks Alan.....:)  Appreciated...

Phil, Thanks man, good seeing yah again!

Thanks for the compliments, but guess I have to fly something else until its done while I post here unfortunately. 

I will still buy their scenery though, I know they're a developer and in it to make money as I will be.... 

I understand their policy. 

I'll have to settle for Carenado's aircraft or my A2A cub or something flying there. 

Thanks man, good seeing yah again!

Thanks for the compliments, but guess I have to fly something else until its done while I post here unfortunately.  Guess I won't be posting too much then here.  Too bad - their stuff is wonderful.

I will still buy it though. 

I understand their policy. 

I'll have to settle for Carenado's aircraft or my A2A cub or something flying there.

Don't feel put off! John was simply enforcing the rules of the forum that we all have to abide by. I'm sure you will find these are the friendliest, most mature, and helpful FS forum you will find on the internet! (John, Jay, Wolter and the other mods are quick to keep it civil).

And these are one of the only developers on the net that routinely have the CEO of the company respond to support requests, big or small.

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Thanks Phil -

No worries man, like I said, I'll still buy it, fly it - and enjoy it....;)

I'll still come by and post.  This forum is very friendly, compared to others I've been....:)

I'll still come by and post.  This forum is very friendly, compared to others I've been....:)

Good to hear!

I've watched forums slowly degrade into pissing matches between members (usually new users who were banned from other forums).

With the vigilance of a hawk...er...bat, Jay Kae keeps a sharp eye out for when things start to get out of hand.

Check the Carenado 208B thread for an example of how multi-page threads happen to remain civil even during the most heated arguments!  :)

Anyways, welcome again and don't be a stranger!

Guest Ragtopjohnny

Thanks man - no worries - I definitely don't intend to be - with the release of Walter Sutton's right around the corner, I intend to buy that tomorrow, and then be doing some hops in the area with the A2A cub -

(Just have to get used to landing it first without Heidi, LOL....)

Have a good one Phil, got some more Orbx post coming up! :)

Archived