PNW Sounds

JoeW

I started today placing sounds in PNW and thought I would probably need to ask if it's OK. I have 13 different sounds that occur 24 hours a day. There is a different set for night and some airports have different sounds at dusk and dawn. I have 21  airports done and tomorrow should at least double that.

When it's done I will upload to Avsim and Flight Sim and also ti SOH. Would you care to have them here?

Thanks

Joe W

I started today placing sounds in PNW and thought I would probably need to ask if it's OK. I have 13 different sounds that occur 24 hours a day. There is a different set for night and some airports have different sounds at dusk and dawn. I have 21  airports done and tomorrow should at least double that.

When it's done I will upload to Avsim and Flight Sim and also ti SOH. Would you care to have them here?

Thanks

Joe W

I have two airports done in terms of objects: CAM3 (Duncan) and CYZT Port Hardy.  I recently purchased Fence Builder Pro for the purposes of adding perimeter fencing and it also includes ability to add sounds, easier than doing the SDK work yourself.

Basically its the same approach that has been used for years, adding ambient sounds, like FTX Concrete, variety of stuff. it sure adds to the pre flight and landing/taxi experience.

I plan on uploading these two airports as a version 1.0 and then later upgrade with sounds and perimeter fencing.

Are these two on your list?

I have already done CYZT. Cam3 is not on the list so far. I can add it tomorrow.

I have been doing scenery with sounds for several years. I started using XML and compiling to a BGL. I almost begged several people to make a program to do it. It's supposed to be added to ADE but so far it hasn't.

That's great to "hear" Joe.  I have yet to actually put Fence Builder Pro into practice but I believe it actually works by adding sound to existing effects and placing the controller file.

This is an area that I really adds more life to FSX.  I have added a flock of crows flying around CAM3 airport and by adding crow sound effects it provides even greater life to the scene.

cheers

Joe:

Yes please, with bells on! 

Wasn't it you who did that wonderful sound package for Plum Island?  That sound pack transmogrified that scenery from Very-Very Good to downright excellent!  So one can only assume that the same would apply to any and all PNW airports you could be so kind as to "convert".

Cheers, Joe.

Thanks John.

I have 40 airports in done. I'm changing my plans a bit in that This will be Volume #1. A general collection of airports. I'll later do the Canadian airports and Seaplane Bases, The Washington Airports and Seaplane Bases, and then the Oregon Airports and Seaplane Bases. The airports I just finished are in the hands of my tester now and I'll upload as soon as he gives approval.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived