Missing Bridge in Gold

warwickm

Hello,

Spotted a missing bridge somewhere in AU GOLD, was having too much fun to know where I was, so took screenshot as I went past.

Co-Ordinates are:

Lat: S24 47.79’ Lon: E152 22.85’

Posted Image

Doing my navigation with a Times Atlas of the World so never entirely sure where I am.

However getting lost in BLUE & GOLD is always a pleasure ;D

Cheers

Warwick

I was doing a flight the other day and noted there did not seem to be any bridges (across water) - I seem to remember in a previous version of Flightsim that there were default bridges - is that now not the case in FSX?

Hello Warwick,

thanks for the report, we'll look into it.

Sometimes these odd breaks are just opposite ends of car ferries but in this case the road seems too big for that.

Skypilot, there are quite a few 3D bridges in the FTX areas. We had to remove several of the default ones because they were misplaced or shaped incorrectly (ACES generated them automatically from their road vector data, so some of them have odd bends or ramps). Ideally, we'd like to replace all of the current bridge-as-vector instances with 3D bridges but there are hundreds of these and, at this point, the FSX extrusion bridges need to be placed manually, which takes at least 30 minutes per bridge. If you're interested in the details have a look at Luis' tutorial: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=115428

Cheers, Holger

Ideally, we'd like to replace all of the current bridge-as-vector instances with 3D bridges but there are hundreds of these and, at this point, the FSX extrusion bridges need to be placed manually, which takes at least 30 minutes per bridge. If you're interested in the details have a look at Luis' tutorial: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=115428

Holger, that sounded suspiciously like an invitation to start making the bridges and supplying the data to Orbx.  :o lol

Hi guys,

Holger, that sounded suspiciously like an invitation to start making the bridges and supplying the data to Orbx.

Sorry about that. I'm not trying to offload anything to others. I just thought I'd explain why some bridges "got lost" and why replacements and new 3D bridges will take a while to provide.

Of course, if anyone gets impatient and starts doing his favorite bridges then we all would appreciate if that person ended up sharing  :) I thought that was a really cool thing with the FS9 Misty Fjords add-on I was involved with; we supplied a base landscape and then our users started adding all sorts of things, real and fictitious. Obviously, something similar is already happening with the GA Freeware packages but I'm also thinking of a less "structured" add-on process.

Jonny D, if you can provide me with the coordinates of that incorrect bridge I can remove it. Deleting stuff is much easier than making something new  ;D

Cheers, Holger

• 2 weeks later...

Archived