ORBX Vietnam?

CathyH

Is there any chance you could do this as your first Asian release. Given the enormous interest in the FSX community for planes of that era, it would be great to have the scenery to fly them in. With OZX freeware addon airports like Danang, Tan Son Nhut, Cam Rahn, Hue, and war era firebases, it would be awesome. I was there in 72

That'd have to be on the list right after Upper Uzbekistan?

The PNW team could do wonders for the mountains...  ;D Might be better to split it into geographic areas though, so you have the mountains of Uzbekistan, Kyrgystan, Tajikstan, and possibly northern Afghanistan as 'Central Asia Blue'...  ;)

So many countries - so few Centuries to do them in.  ORBX will have to do the most popular ones first no matter how picturesque the others may be.

:D The answer is obvious: Franchise!!!

That'd have to be on the list right after Upper Uzbekistan?

So many countries - so few Centuries to do them in.  ORBX will have to do the most popular ones first no matter how picturesque the others may be.

Actually I iamagine Vietnam might be very popular. So, too, would be the UK among Battle Of Britain enthusiasts> I did not serve then, but I did serve in Nam. I can still remember the thunder of a flight of Navy F-4's departing Danang (TDY form USS RANGER, I think), heading back to the ship, or a four-ship of Thuds or A-1's !

The PNW team could do wonders for the mountains...  ;D Might be better to split it into geographic areas though, so you have the mountains of Uzbekistan, Kyrgystan, Tajikstan, and possibly northern Afghanistan as 'Central Asia Blue'...  ;)

Great stuff, but seriously, think of the possibilities for missions as a Predator remote-pilot in Afghanistan…no more worries about “is my set-up realistic enough?â€- those guys are sitting in front of a computer screen just like us….

I can't see ORBX doing Asia before europe... And to make europe USA/CAN AND maybe even south america would be finished first, and after europe would be ready... its year 2020.  There is alot of beautiful places in the world, but i'm sorry to say that most popular places will be finished first. (AU becouse orbx is from au, after that most popular is USA/CAN and then Europe, i could believe.

I'd much rather see the mighty Nile, or Congo, or Zambeze.. or the Okavango Delta, with it's massive seasonal flooding. Africa has to be the least covered continent as far as scenery goes - it just has the two elephants that Microsoft gave us! But imagine what Orbx could do with massive 100 mile wide migrations of wildebeeste, giant game parks, tribal villages... This isn't just bush flying; this is where bush was invented!

Personally I'm not much interested in Orbx doing Europe -- it's home turf and has lots of scenery already. I'd much rather have new, undiscovered places to explore!

(knowing that the chances of seeing anywhere remotely interesting -- or should I say, remote and interesting -- any time soon are pretty slim, I now return you to your regular reality...  ;))

I am looking forward to Europe like many simmers are. I am not happy of what there is now of what is in the market. The main airports are quite OK but the rest not so good.

Yes, ORBX, we are looking forward to welcoming you in Europe!  :)

I agree with Cathy, Vietnam would be great.

As far as development goes, you need to remember that Orbx is still growing, and if the demand is there, the sky is the limit.. expansion and franchising are always on the cards I would think. Teecee.

Personally I'm not much interested in Orbx doing Europe

I'd be interested in a nice rendition of Scandinavia and the Alps are interesting too, but Europe as a whole is just not dramatic enough for me to be interested in. Also, it's way too densely populated. I'm a bush flyer by heart and prefer remote areas. ;)

Next to the Amazon, could you find a more autgen tree-filled land, Cath?! ;D Would be a beautiful add-on. But I´d wait another chip generation or two to run all those trees  ::)

I'm not Cath. ;)

Besides: trees aren't the problem. It's cities that suck the life out of the performance. I get 40-50 fps or sometimes even more in forest areas (stutterfree) while the frames hit the bottom near bigger cities (less then 10 fps aren't a rare occurence there). I'd wager that towns let alone cities aren't much of an issue around the Amazon. ;D

I think it's a valid point about Europe being too densely populated to be interesting, but there are certainly areas that could be astounding after some Orbx treatment. Scotland would be just dandy with Ben Nevis and all the munroes and lochs. Mmmmm.

Europe densly populated?  ???

Yes, there are big cities, like in any country in any continent. But apart from the cities people who have driven around Europe like I have would totally disagree with you. Where is Spain really populated? maybe in three or four areas, that's all. France? Maybe 3 or 4 major areas, all the rest are small towns and countryside. Italy? Germany? etc, etc...

All you people that say that Europe is "boring" go and visit maps.google.com and have a look at the wonderful coast and countryside we have. It's all very divers. Spain is very mountainous. Europe ROCKS. And I am sure the ORBX people know it!  ;D

Maybe that dense population you mean are those tourists that come from around the world to visit our countries!  8)

In any case, because we are more in Europe than in other continents in the world (like center America, South America and Africa), if ORBX did Europe, man, ORBX would have lots more costumers it has now... If they do Europe the same quality as Australia, it would be a gold mine for them.  8) Remember, most of the "old history" begins in Europe! We are the "old continent".  ;D

I Agree about Europe, I would LOVE an ORBX scenry of the UK. When I visited there 14 years ago there was just so much to see! Can you imagine an ORBX Scottish Highlands, especially, say the area around Loch Ness, Skye, the Cuillin's, the Isles, Loch Fyne, Rannoch Moor, Gourock and the Clyde. Or the Lake District (used by the RAF for low flying, our coache go bounced by two Jaguars)

Thought you may be interested CathyH:

from Sgiath on the OZx Forum

Hello,

I'm french, and i'm discovering Ausralia through all yours sceneries.

I've built a new computer in the purpose to work and fly through my (and Jacques) Vietnam War project.

Looking for OrbX may prices, i've bought all regions, 7 airfields, downloaded all OZx and Ants sceneries, and...

I'm flying along australian coasts with a real great pleasure, looking around and around.

So Airfield pack 1 for the Vietnam War project may take a small delay.

I want to thank you, all guys at Orbx, OZx, and Anthony for this pleasure, and this break.

Xavier

He's only done the one post at OZx.

Archived