Strange scenery colours

Pilot50

Here are pictures of the strange scenery colours just after take-off in the AU Blue mission. It only happens here - the rest of the scenery is fine...

Any clues???

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks

Steve

AU Gold 6010

AuBlue  5740

It appears that the alpha channel blend masks from the YMHB Hobart photoreal scenery are not working on your PC at all - first time I've ever seen that. What happens if you take off at YLIL Lilydale airport in Victoria? Can you post shots of that airport please?

Hi Steve, correct, I am busy - but no excuse ;)

The second shot is not showing me YLIL, but looks more like Coldstream. Do you have VSX installed? If so, that's the culprit I imagine. If not, it's a mystery which will need further investigation.

Hi John,

I am certainly at Lilydale, check the lat/long figures, I have taken off from 36L, and turned right...

Posted Image

As I get closer, the hill on the right corrects itself, as do some other smaller areas, but not all. And they change colour to the same as the original pics from Cambridge.

Posted Image

Then, to quote a famoue comedy duo... "it looks like water...it smells like water..."

Posted Image

..."Damn, it IS water...!!!"

Posted Image

Looks awfully like I've drowned in a paddock... :'(

Steve

Nope that's not YLIL - trust me, I made the airport with Marty and there is no range of hills nearby, just Sugarloaf Reservoir. That area looks just SW of Healesvile, which is why I think it's Coldstream. I still need to know if you have VSX installed.

Lilydale has a range of hills running north-south only a few miles west of the 36 runways, and a range about 5 miles directly to the north.  The Sugarloaf reservoir is to the south of the airfield and shows up on downwind to 36.

That is why YLIL has right hand circuits for 36.

Hi Steve,

I went to the coords of your first post S42.50.33 E147.28.95 that's almost on top of YMBH

see attached screenie

I also did a lil fly around at YLIL and made some screenies as to how it looks at this end, I think there is something seriously wrong at your end there must be something causing this "phenomena" you are having, maybe a residue of some other scenery or conflicting files, just for making sure check if you do not have any empty texture and/or scenery folders in your addon scenery main folder or subfolders or a remanant files from VSX if you have had that installed

post-154-130203888572_thumb.jpg

post-154-130203888619_thumb.jpg

post-154-130203888663_thumb.jpg

post-154-130203888699_thumb.jpg

post-154-130203888838_thumb.jpg

post-154-130203888873_thumb.jpg

Archived